Can anyone else not wait until AT&T U-vers is in Orlando in 2 months?????

cktb2793

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I cannot wait to tell Brighthouse what they can do with their crappy overpriced service. I'm SICK and TIRED of paying then $240 month for their crappy service of which $80 is just for 4 of their POS HD DVR's

no, i just have cable, hbo, cinemax, showtime/movie channel, howard stern on demand, and internet along with 4 HD DVR's that don't work worth a crap and for that I pay $240 a month.

With AT&T's U-verse.........for the same thing, I will have to pay only about $180 a month and hopefully their HD DVR's will actually work..........but even if they are as bad as Brighthouse's.........I'll still be saving about $60 a month.

"Hey I have all of BHN services and want to complain about the price"

If the bill is to high get rid of boxes and services watch how cheap it gets. Try getting 4HD streams with ATT Uverse.... Try getting over 20mbit internet with uverse.

Uverse can not compete/compare on any level with quality of service with BHN. The only one who can is Verizon with their FIOS service. Heck id have Fios Internet if it was in my area (bring me the 50mbit!) Of course BHN will have that (at least thats the goal) by next year sometime as well so either way ;)

"Hey I have all of BHN services and want to complain about the price"

If the bill is to high get rid of boxes and services watch how cheap it gets. Try getting 4HD streams with ATT Uverse.... Try getting over 20mbit internet with uverse.

Uverse can not compete/compare on any level with quality of service with BHN. The only one who can is Verizon with their FIOS service. Heck id have Fios Internet if it was in my area (bring me the 50mbit!) Of course BHN will have that (at least thats the goal) by next year sometime as well so either way ;)

The PRICE is NOT what I'm complaining about.

I'm complaining about Brighthouse's Pices of SH*T HD DVR's!!!!! I'd be willing to pay $300 a month for what I have if only their HD DVR's would work properly.

I'm SICK and TIRED of:

1) HD DVR's locking up and not being able to change a channel or do anything without having to unplug and reset the box which takes FOREVER to come back up

2)HD DVR's that sometimes do NOT record what they are programmed to record.

3) HD DVR's that more often than not will NOT pause live TV.

4) HD DVR's that used to work FINE until Brighthouse FORCIBLY downloaded their CRAPPY inhouse software onto them which has caused them all to become WORTHLESS pieces of SH*T!!!!!

Why don't you just buy TIVOs or do a Digital-Cable Ready Media Center PC setup w/ 4 extenders? Both seem like cheaper options in the long run..

And I don't think Uverse allows more then 2 (maybe 4 now?) HD Feeds TOTAL in any house. So personally, that wouldn't work for me.

The PRICE is NOT what I'm complaining about.

I'm complaining about Brighthouse's Pices of SH*T HD DVR's!!!!! I'd be willing to pay $300 a month for what I have if only their HD DVR's would work properly.

I'm SICK and TIRED of:

1) HD DVR's locking up and not being able to change a channel or do anything without having to unplug and reset the box which takes FOREVER to come back up

2)HD DVR's that sometimes do NOT record what they are programmed to record.

3) HD DVR's that more often than not will NOT pause live TV.

4) HD DVR's that used to work FINE until Brighthouse FORCIBLY downloaded their CRAPPY inhouse software onto them which has caused them all to become WORTHLESS pieces of SH*T!!!!!

Sorry for my confusion, when your first post said "OverPriced" I assumed price was an issue with you... :rolleyes:

Are their even 80HD channels out with more then 2-3 hours of HD programming a day? Heck I can count a dozen that have nearly 0HD content a day.

Not to mention BHN Will be at 50HD channels within the next month. (including the ones I mentioned in another thread) and of those 50 there are even channels that play little to no HD content.

Also note with Uverse you can only get what 2 HD streams in the house? Hope your not recording a program and watching one, And someone in a bedroom wants to watch another hd program. Or even trying to record 2 hd programs while watching another...

Sadly not available in my neighborhood in Orlando, FL I looked into it today with high hopes. Will also keep an eye out on FIOS but not in my area either at the moment. Seems I am stuck with 2 of the BHN HD DVR issues that CKTB2793 described above as well.

I did have a conversation with a CSR that called me out of the blue a couple weeks ago asking if I was pleased with BHN and I described all of the "Navigator" software issues with him. I have since recieved a credit for the 2 box's monthly fee and an assurance that the software should be upgraded and corrected by first of the year.

Has anyone else heard / read of any upcoming changes to the software?

Are their even 80HD channels out with more then 2-3 hours of HD programming a day? Heck I can count a dozen that have nearly 0HD content a day.

You sure about that? Just doing a quick look down the list I see they have all the HBOs, Cinemax HD, Starz HD, Showtime HD, etc etc. I'm really not sure, but don't most of those all show HD movies by now? If they are out on blu-ray I wouldn't see why not.... That's probably 25 HD Channels that Brighthouse doesn't have.

Fox News, CNBC are all HD (or at least HD+)

USA & Sci-Fi don't have *too* much HD yet, nor does SunSports or FSN....BUT it's quite painful to watch new shows (psych, stargate, football games) without HD

Not to mention BHN Will be at 50HD channels within the next month. (including the ones I mentioned in another thread) and of those 50 there are even channels that play little to no HD content.

Also note with Uverse you can only get what 2 HD streams in the house? Hope your not recording a program and watching one, And someone in a bedroom wants to watch another hd program. Or even trying to record 2 hd programs while watching another...

Good Point.

I think they got it up to 4 by next year though, right?

I heard the pair bonding they are doing seems to be working so it maybe possible to do 4 streams by next year we shall see.

And those "25" channels you speak of like the hbos, stars etc.. show upconverted movies so they look slightly better then the standard versions, and of course new movies would be in HD (as they would be recorded that way) But still the vast majority of that programming is just upconverted stuff..

It will be a great day when the majority of programming is all HD and by that time Im sure BHN and the cable companies will have their networks ready for a mass onslaught of HD channels (through SDV and reclaiming analog bandwidth)

ah, but uverse does have nfl network and fsn florida. according to an article in monday's orlando sentinel, dim house isn't worried about competition from uverse. check back in a month or so and see if they are singing the same song!

We will lose customers to uverse. But mainly only those who are disgrunlted. That represents a very minor amount of our customer base. We will gain more of ATT's customers then we will lose in the next year. So we are not sweating uverse. Their technology is worse then ours, they have a inferior product and a history of inferior customer service.

Verizon on the other hand, scares BHN. They have a superior network, but when a bad customer service rep.

BHN became the first cable company EVER to win a JD power award for phone and they have won it what 3 years in a row? This year they also won the JD power award for internet services. (and just last year for TV services) BHN got into ATTs business (phone) and kicked their ass, now ATT wants to try BHNS core, but they will fail miserabley, just like Bellsouth did before them.

The people who will leave because of FSN or NFL Network, pale in comparison to the ones who would be pissed if we had to raise our rates 2bucks a month to cover those 2 channels..

We will lose customers to uverse. But mainly only those who are disgrunlted. That represents a very minor amount of our customer base. We will gain more of ATT's customers then we will lose in the next year. So we are not sweating uverse. Their technology is worse then ours, they have a inferior product and a history of inferior customer service.

Verizon on the other hand, scares BHN. They have a superior network, but when a bad customer service rep.

BHN became the first cable company EVER to win a JD power award for phone and they have won it what 3 years in a row? This year they also won the JD power award for internet services. (and just last year for TV services) BHN got into ATTs business (phone) and kicked their ass, now ATT wants to try BHNS core, but they will fail miserabley, just like Bellsouth did before them.

The people who will leave because of FSN or NFL Network, pale in comparison to the ones who would be pissed if we had to raise our rates 2bucks a month to cover those 2 channels..

i think you have more disgruntled customers than you want to admit. i, for one, welcome the competition and wish they would come farther east to daytona beach. i love satellite but i would switch to fios in a heartbeat!!

Well being that we have one of the lowest churn rates in the nation for a TV provider, I beg to differ. BHN's Central Florida Operations is one of the envys of the nation. Cableworld Magezine named them system of the year, they have more rewards and compliments from around the industry then any other system. Executives from comcast, time warner, etc etc come to central florida to get first hand knowledge of how they operate.

BHN-CFL Operations has very few upset customers (per capita of customers) The % of customers who even call support is low, the % who are not fixed on the first call or first service call is very low.

I welcome the competition to. (could only be good for everyone) But Uverse is a joke. Go read the uverse forum on this site, read the fios forum. You will find people complaining just like you do here in the BHN forum about BHN.

People are 'always' more willing to go out of their way to complain about a service more then they would to compliment it.

BHN-CFL Operations has very few upset customers (per capita of customers) The % of customers who even call support is low, the % who are not fixed on the first call or first service call is very low.
are you merely talking about support calls for the tv side? if so, i know not much about that,however, if you are including technical support for road runner and digi phone, then you are wrong. the call center is busy all the time with bad connection, not enough signal from the can to the house, not enough signal for nothing. the techs wants to blame the wiring in the house and make the customer pay. how the hell can it really be wiring when the apt/house is brand new...2 months old?

brighthouse needs to step up with the other companies, add the channels they claim they are going to add, update the crappy software on the dvr's, update the dvr's to function like others on the market, without jumping scenes, locking up, resetting, not recoding and so forth...

New house does not mean cable can not be bad.. Sometimes idiot builders like to staple the cable to the studs.. Sometimes they use cheap cable. a number of problems can be wrong in a new house, as anyone who has purchased a new house can atest to.

Yes BHN receives more calls for voice and data services vs tv, its simple math as to why. There are more possible problems that can happen with voice and data vs standard tv. With phone you have not only cable related issues, but phone wire related issues, and network related issues that can affect it. With Data the same thing, plus you have the customers computer to worry about. The majority of call center calls for data, are customer related problems and not BHN service related problems. (by that I mean problems related to customer equipment) when it comes to data services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)