Can DIRT confirm Dish working on WMUR?

They got to make it HD though. One issue with New Hampshire. Only two news outlets that cover the state is WMUR and WBIN. Both SD. Rest are Boston, Burlington VT, or Portland ME. People there, especially in WMUR's home market are more knowledgeable about MA news and politics than NH.

Its been available for a month now
uplink dated 8/15

Technically it was, but it did not show up for subscribers until Sept 13.
maryb@Dish Network said:
It has to be added to a package and then the account needs to be allowed to receive that package.
Dish had to create a new DMA 'Package' for the four counties involved.

Iceberg said:
is it in HD in the Boston DMA?
No it is not. D* has it in HD, hopefully Dish will do the same come this February.

John

Thanks to Senator Shaheen for WMUR

I am grateful to be getting WMUR, except for one thing.. ALL OF THE POLITICAL ADS. I love politics however my husband is not interested in them.. he got so feed up with the ads between the local and national news he shut the TV off.. I wonder if that had anything to do with getting WMUR when we did, just seems odd timing after all these years. I've filed waiver and never got them.. my friend worked with Congressman Charlie Bass on this issue years ago. Anyone see this?
Thanks DISH and Sen. Shaheen for WMUR it showed up this weekend in Lebanon NH - in SD but I'll take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We get another ABC station in HD from Burlington so only the news and weather is a factor for me and SD is fine for now.

I believe its just a coincidence that that we got WMUR at the height of the political campaign. Vermont is not a "toss up" state and we were spoiled as not many political adds were bought in Vermont. NH is a different story though. But they'll be gone soon enough.

Can you tell us more about the new E16 Satellite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)