Can Dish Anywhere be used on a smart TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I have a Samsung smart TV in my office and would like to use the Dish Anywhere app on it instead of the computer. It is connected to the Internet. Is there an app for this?

Thank you

I don't know about the Android. I have a Fire Stick is there an app for it?

The TV has an app for Amazon Prime and Netflix on it already.

Samsung uses their own OS if I understand correctly - same as their other electronics. "Tizen" maybe? I've had my TV for almost a year and I've never found a "built-in" means of using Anywhere

Reactions: tetrode and rexlan
All I can find is HBO GO ... no Dish app though.

Thanks
It probably depends on the model but my Samsung has a lot of "streaming apps" - Discovery Channel, Freeform, ESPN, Science Channel, etc - just nothing for Dish (except for "Sling TV" - the app for their own streaming service).

Last edited:
I have two hopper with sling and three firesticks. They work great - no need for a Joey.

I disconnected my 211k, and sent back a Joey 2 and 4K joey.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I tried DishAnywhere a couple of nights ago on my daughter's Samsung Smart TV when we were over there babysitting. I didn't catch the model number of the TV, but it appears to be a late model which touts itself as "Smart" and comes with a bunch of streaming apps, as well as a browser.

I didn't see a DishAnywhere app, but I was able to use Samsung's browser to bring up the DishAnywhere website, log in with my userID, connect to my Hopper remotely, and see a list of my recorded programs. But that's where it all ended. Upon trying to stream content, I got the error that the browser doesn't support Sling player video.

I have two hopper with sling and three firesticks. They work great - no need for a Joey.
Can more than one firestick be used on two different TVs simultaneously for DishAnywhere, when accessing a Hopper 3? I tried running DishAnywhere the last time I was away from home, and my wife happened to be also viewing a program over DishAnywhere at the same time. I got the dialog about disconnecting the other user so my session could be connected.

Can more than one firestick be used on two different TVs simultaneously for DishAnywhere, when accessing a Hopper 3? I tried running DishAnywhere the last time I was away from home, and my wife happened to be also viewing a program over DishAnywhere at the same time. I got the dialog about disconnecting the other user so my session could be connected.

Unfortunately, it's only one DishAnywhere connection at a time per Hopper. I've heard rumors of that changing, but nothing official.

Reactions: navychop
Unfortunately, it's only one DishAnywhere connection at a time per Hopper. I've heard rumors of that changing, but nothing official.

One DIsh anywhere connection per hopper. But you can stream individual channel apps like ESPN, Disney, and, TNT to your hearts content.

Kids stream Apps so don’t have to worry about conflicts...

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)