Can Dish take away the announcement from the PG of NGHD channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I mean we can't see what the program is going to be unless you tune to it. Do we have to look at the SD PGI in order to record what's on the NGHD.

I know. I dvr'd a bunch of stuff off the channel, and all the listings say 'free preview until 7/7'

So now, 3-4 days later, I don't remember what they are!

They should have done what they did with UHD during the olympics. Had a mirror channel. If you have gold, you watch the std one, if not, the preview one.

Then people who do have gold will be able to enjoy the pg part of the channel.

Yeah it is annoying. I'd also like to know which shows are actually in HD so I can DVR those.

Especially if you are already paying for Gold or Platinum. Why subject us to an ad for something we are already paying for? Scott reported the following news from team summit:
----------------------------------------
Some more Software updates were shown (these are all coming in the future with no date announced)

There will be a HD symbol shown in the guide on the HD channels making them easier to find.

In addition lets say you tune to HBO on Channel 300, your receiver will know you are hooked to a HDTV so when you tune to channel 300 you will actually be tuned to the HD version of HBO instead. (The same goes with Starz)
-------------------------------

It seems to me this software would solve the problem for those who are already subscribing without doing any additional mirroring.
Hope the software is released soon.

Last edited:
cebbigh said:
There will be a HD symbol shown in the guide on the HD channels making them easier to find.

I hope that's a symbol on the shows and not just a symbol to make the channel itself easier to find.

They will hopefully get the same EPG HD logo info that TitanTV uses. So only real HD programs get the logo. Of cours they will likely have TNT-HD listed as all HD since that's TNT tells everyone.

cebbigh said:
In addition lets say you tune to HBO on Channel 300, your receiver will know you are hooked to a HDTV so when you tune to channel 300 you will actually be tuned to the HD version of HBO instead. (The same goes with Starz)

My locals do that. When I had originally gotten my HD Receiver 3 (CBS) ,6(ABC),10 (NBC), and 29(FOX) were SD....where 6353 (ABC), 6354 (CBS), 6355(NBC) and 6356 (FOX) were HD. 2 weeks later they (3,6,10,29) became HD....along with the 6000 channels. The 8000 Locals are still in SD. So I have 3 ABCs, CBSs, FOXs, and NBCs. It'd be a pain if I had gotten the DVR.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I agree, if not at least mirror the channel so that subscribers can see the channel and the guide information.

That would make way too much sense and make too many people happy, thus will probably not be implemented, or will be implemented on 7/5 :).

cebbigh said:

So if you are wanting to record an SD program which airs on Starz or HBO, you end up sucking up your drive space on the HD feed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)