Can Flex Pack be modified online?

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I'm having an issue: when I go to my online account, My Programming, I don't see Flex Pack at all under Core. I don't want to have to contact a CSR every time I need to change anything.

It's listed under my current programming but nowhere to be found for making changes, adding or deleting packs, etc.

Does this work for anyone? If so, could someone post a screenshot of what it should look like? (I suspect that it would show as the selected option under Core:English where I only see all the other options but not Flex).

Thanks for the reply, Laila. I had gotten the idea from reading other posts here, that people were making those changes online. Perhaps they all are contacting an agent?

Any ETA on when the website will work properly?

Once you are on Flex Pack, you can make Channel Pack changes on mydish.com, but to get Flex Pack initially it needs to be done through an agent.

Reactions: Tampa8
Once you are on Flex Pack, you can make Channel Pack changes on mydish.com, but to get Flex Pack initially it needs to be done through an agent.
Is that only if you don't have the G4 Smart Card? Once I got the Smart Card activated, I was able to switch from the Smart Pack to the Flex Pack online with no intervention needed.

Reactions: pattykay
Exactly what I did. "Speedy" got me switched over along with my new Hopper 3. I now have Flex Pack, but I can't make any Channel Pack changes on mydish.com.

Since my Hopper 3 is actually getting the Flex Pack, it doesn't seem its smartcard should be an issue. Unless the previous ViP622 with old smart card is still causing an issue, though it doesn't seem to be on my account anymore.

It seems that the availability of online changes to Flex Pack varies for some reason.

When a smartcard is needed, the system knows you have requested Flex Pack, so it may allow you upon activating the smartcard. But you still had to go through an agent to initiate that.

I could go through all of these steps...

1.png
2.png
3.png

Yep, I've done similar at least 5 times this month alone. Sometimes it's swapping one add-on for another, sometimes it's going up or down a level.

Thanks Hall. That's about what I was expecting to see.

On my account, there's no red checkmark on English, Smart Pack is the first one on the list, and none of them are selected.

This tells me it's definitely an issue specific to my account.

Thanks Hall. That's about what I was expecting to see.

On my account, there's no red checkmark on English, Smart Pack is the first one on the list, and none of them are selected.

This tells me it's definitely an issue specific to my account.

Shoot Speedy a PM, since he setup your account. Maybe he can sort it out for you.

Exactly what I did. "Speedy" got me switched over along with my new Hopper 3. I now have Flex Pack, but I can't make any Channel Pack changes on mydish.com.

Since my Hopper 3 is actually getting the Flex Pack, it doesn't seem its smartcard should be an issue. Unless the previous ViP622 with old smart card is still causing an issue, though it doesn't seem to be on my account anymore.

It seems that the availability of online changes to Flex Pack varies for some reason.
I have an original Hopper with a G4 Smart Card activated on my account with Welcome Pack, and the website does not list Flex Pack as an option for me, either. However, I also have a deactivated ViP211 with a purple G3 Smart Card tied to that account, so that may be the reason why Flex Pack is not listed as an option, in spite of that receiver being deactivated. See if DIRT can get your old ViP622 completely removed from your account, and that should fix the issue for you.

My other account with a ViP211k with a G4 Smart Card always showed the option to switch to Flex Pack on the website, even when I still had Welcome Pack. However, I switched to Flex Pack by calling a Loyalty agent, to make sure that I would get the $5 per month autopay credit.

Problem solved. I got a chat representative to check for any inactive receivers on my account. There was the old ViP622, and a 301 I had completely forgotten about. He got them removed from my account. I logged off and on again, now I see and can make changes to the Flex Pack.

Speedy is unavailable until October, but I'll let him know.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)