Can free free preview movies be recorded...

mrbreeze640

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
on HBO, Showtime and others and watched at a later date? Have done it in the past but read somewhere it has now changed to watch live but no recording. Still using a 722k.

In addition, during the free preview, on-demand titles can be downloaded. The expiration varies but is usually longer than the free preview weekend. I am using a 722.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks everyone. So far haven't seen anything worth recording on Starz.
Hah, same here.... well, to some degree. If I'm paying attention and see movie channels that are in free preview, I'll usually scroll through the days they're available and look for things to record to watch later. I may find 2-3 things at the most (I don't recorded tons of sh*t just because either).

FWIW, I still have Scarface and Assassin's Creed recorded off of HBO from back in November. Just tried to play Scarface and it started fine.

Hah, same here.... well, to some degree. If I'm paying attention and see movie channels that are in free preview, I'll usually scroll through the days they're available and look for things to record to watch later. I may find 2-3 things at the most (I don't recorded tons of sh*t just because either).
Good idea, save the wear & tear of your hard drive

We rarely find much in the guide to record on free preview weekends. BUT…during free preview weekends you can also download the VOD titles for later viewing. There are time limits of roughly 30 days to watch the downloaded VOD.

For example, we downloaded and started binge watching the 8 episodes of the STARZ series The White Princess last night.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts