Can grandfathered customers get old HD Pack with new receiver??

jsanders said:
I sold my 942, and the CSR kept my account active by activating an old receiver which I do not own to keep me grandfathered with the old package!

The CSR did what?????:)

dlsnyder said:
So now that you have the old HD pack set up on your new 211 can you still only see the old channels, or are the new ones active now too?

Yes I am watching the original HD pack and Original Voom channels. The new HD channels are in my guide but are not activated. They were available on Feb 1 but Dish took the free preview away the next day. I liked the new channels but until Dish adds something else to the HD pack that I want, like National Geographic HD and/or The Food Net HD, I won't pay for the higher priced HD package.

dlsnyder said:
So now that you have the old HD pack set up on your new 211 can you still only see the old channels, or are the new ones active now too?

I think he already implied that they are not active in the guide because he says he will consider upgrading to the new package in 6 months.

Dishpointer, I have a question for you.....

Are you in an area to receive HD locals? If so, do you get them??

It seems we may have found the loophole to "stick it to the man" at dish!

With this loophole we still pay the $15/mo for the old HD Pack + Voom with our new MEPG-4 boxes, yet, it seems as though we should get the HD Locals at no extra charge if we subscribe to locals.

This appears to be the only scenario where the customer actually got more out of dish and didn't pay anymore. :D

I live in Georgia and I could "move" to Atlanta when they become available. My locals come in great with my Channel Master antenna so I will stay with what I have for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)