Can HD be chosen ala carte?

htguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
North of the TwinCities
Can the HD pack w/ Voom channels be added ala carte or is there a required minimum programming package that must be purchased? I have an existing account.

MY neighbor is ready to jump on the HD bandwagon now what are his best options? He loves his Tivo so DVR is a must.

Sorry for the thread but Dish has nothing on their site and I have seen packages mentioned here but nothing stickied.

Yes, but you have to own your equipment.

Anyone who's leasing equipment always has to have at least at60. and if they're leasing HD receivers they must have the HD pack at all times

assuming you'd be a new customer.

If you only lease 1 receiver it's included in the price of the AT packages w/locals (regardless if dish actually carries your locals)
If you lease a second or third receiver it's $5 per receiver.
The HD-DVR lease is a $250 upgrade.
HD receiver leases also require the hd pack at $9.99 (new customers get the first 6 months free)

All lease configurations are set at a max of 4 tuners.

2 811s max
1 942 max.

www.dish.tv for more info

Most HD receiver leases require HD pack (not mine)

BFG said:
assuming you'd be a new customer.

HD receiver leases also require the hd pack at $9.99 (new customers get the first 6 months free)

All lease configurations are set at a max of 4 tuners.

2 811s max
1 942 max.

I was not required to have the HD pack when I replaced my 5000 with an 811, on lease, for $25. That's why the Voom channels would be a bigger decision for me than most. I have to pay $15 more a month to get the Voom channels (HD pack for $10, Voom for $5) , not the measly $5 most of you guys have to pay. However, the 6 months free would at least let me ease into the new cost (grin).

Snedecor

I saw that link Tuxcoder. Great info for programming options. Is there a list like that for leasing options on the different hardware and what the requirements will be. I was just hoping for a sticky or FAQ about Dish but most of my questions have been answered.

Scenarios: (please let me know if I am wrong)

If I own the equipment I could sign up for just the HD channels without any other committments. (6000, 811, 921, 942). Is a HD receiver required if you sign up for the HD pack or could you own a SD receiver and still sign up?

If I am leasing the equipment I am required to have at least the AT60.

You can not lease more than 2 dvr's. Or can you lease 1 SD DVR and 1 HD DVR.

Is the pricing structure for leasing on Dish because I could not find it?

Any good promos right now?

thanks

Didn't I answer this earlier, it seems familiar....

Leased boxes are $5 after the first box

leasing a 942 has a $250 upgrade

I'm not sure what you're talking about getting a SD receiver to get the HD pack, doesn't make any sense. Obviously you need an HD receiver to view HD.

If you're trying to ask wether you can buy an SD receiver and then lease an HD receiver and only pay for HD programming, than no that's not possible

A SD receiver can't downconvert the HD signal? Presumably you would have better picture quality with a SD receiver downconverting HD material than you would on the same SD channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts