Can HH motor be mounted upside down?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Would it be possible to use an offset bar on the round bracket instead of a straight bar....that would give you the clearance you'd need to get the elevation set properly without it hitting the motor.

The black outline is sort of what I had in mind for the offset bar.

Attachments

• dish mod.JPG
    dish mod.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 151
that would be a perfect solution. unfortunately I don't have the capability to fabricate a bracket like that

that would be a perfect solution. unfortunately I don't have the capability to fabricate a bracket like that

You don't need to build it. Just stack up about 5" of the same square tubing at the back. You can stack up as many as you want depending on how much clearance you need.
It will add a little more weight but not much. Aluminum would be ideal

You don't need to build it. Just stack up about 5" of the same square tubing at the back. You can stack up as many as you want depending on how much clearance you need.
It will add a little more weight but not much. Aluminum would be ideal

Good idea! Thanks

I appreciate your thread & all the ideas I have read they are great!

Just a question, How come you don't want a actuator, & want to use a DiSEqC motor?

I don't think that motor will last too long with that size of dish

My STAB has a lot of play already from my 4' dish

Youre absolutely correct about the longevity of the motor driving a 6ft dish. I actually became interested in doing this after seeing just how lightweight the WSI 6ft dish was and fully considered the stress on the motor before attemping. Compared to my 4ft dish, the 6ft dish is only ~3lbs heavier and I could probably drop that a bit making a few addtional changes. I actually have an actuator but was intrigued by the idea of using an HH motor and the simplicity of connections including using USALS. In the end if this doesn't work, the only change I've made to the polar mount is 4 holes in the metal ring and I can always do the install as normal. I've actually had everying assembled with LNB connected and the receiver can drive the 9120 thru my LOS (72-135W). I've acquired an HH120 motor (thanks brentb636) which should allow me to use my current bracket. If that works OK I'll probably stay with it a while although I may end up using a modified bracket as the 9120 speed is better. I should have some time for install tommorow and I'll post results either way.

The HH120 will probably do a little better. My big issue has been the wind. It is very windy where I live.

My dish is way to heavy for my motor 51 lbs:eek:, but it has been working great for 1 1/2 years...A real work horse :up.
It probably doesn't help much, but I moved my dish to a more sheltered local, & don't use it much in the wind.

You can also extend your limits pretty easy with the Stab

The only down side is the Stab is slow...very slow.

Edit:
I'm curious of your readings you will get.

I'm definitely helped by my dish location which is fairly shielded and I'm guessing the current total weight is ~35lbs, which is at the upper end of the specs for the HH120.

HH120 is slower than my 9120 but tracking thru my LOS 72-135w. Still need to add LNB and support brackets but so far so good.

edit: added lnb support arms and scaler ring and still track fine

Attachments

• 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 135a.jpg
    135a.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)