Can Hopper 3 remote control tv power and stereo volume?

holdtheonions

Original poster
Jul 17, 2022
Las Vegas
Hi,

As indicated, I would like power button to turn tv on and off and volume buttons to control stereo volume. Tried programming each button, power button still doesn't control TV and volume down programming gives an error on 3 remotes I have, so, so far a fail.

I have 90 year old parents that need louder volume than TVs can give, but the power button not controlling TV is a serious problem, because they keep either turning on TV with hopper off and vice versa and they just can't figure it out. If I am not home then they get stuck.

Am I missing something or is there a workaround or I need a programmable remote?

If new remote, can anyone recommend any $30-$50?

Thank you for any help.

Hi,

As indicated, I would like power button to turn tv on and off and volume buttons to control stereo volume. Tried programming each button, power button still doesn't control TV and volume down programming gives an error on 3 remotes I have, so, so far a fail.

I have 90 year old parents that need louder volume than TVs can give, but the power button not controlling TV is a serious problem, because they keep either turning on TV with hopper off and vice versa and they just can't figure it out. If I am not home then they get stuck.

Am I missing something or is there a workaround or I need a programmable remote?

If new remote, can anyone recommend any $30-$50?

Thank you for any help.
Which receiver/Remote are you using?

Reactions: charlesrshell
And you might be looking at a bit more for a simple Harmony remote. Getting it to do what you want is a piece of cake.

IIRC:
If your have an H3, press Home, Home, Settings, Remote Control.
Set up your TV and Auxiliary Device then scroll down to Volume and Mute buttons and set it to Control Auxilliary Devices' Volume.
Scroll down to Advanced and set Limited Mode on.

IIRC:
If your have an H3, press Home, Home, Settings, Remote Control.
Set up your TV and Auxiliary Device then scroll down to Volume and Mute buttons and set it to Control Auxilliary Devices' Volume.
Scroll down to Advanced and set Limited Mode on.
Yes, beautiful! Actually it was already set to "on", so I toggled to "off" and that works perfectly. Power button does TV and volume does stereo. Would have never figured that. ;-)

Gracias

And you might be looking at a bit more for a simple Harmony remote. Getting it to do what you want is a piece of cake.
He'll pay an arm and a leg for one since Logitech has stopped making them.

Nope. I believe that has been reversed. I was at the site ( 2? 3?) weeks ago.
I just went to to the Logitech website and do not see any remotes as part of their products. They did say, when they announced pulling out of the remote business last year, that they would continue to support the remotes that were in the field and those that were on the shelves. Looking at the vendors, they are really high priced now as compared to earlier last year.

Last edited: