Can I activate replacement VIP622 over web?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HarleyWJones

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
Grayson, GA
One of my 622s died and a replacement is on the way. Once its ready to go is there a way to activate it over the web, or do I have to chat, call, or DIRT?

One of my 622s died and a replacement is on the way. Once its ready to go is there a way to activate it over the web, or do I have to chat, call, or DIRT?
It will come with activation instructions, including via website.

Yep - very simple. It took me longer to hook up my replacement receiver a couple of weeks ago than it did to activate it online.

Thanks, guys. The "Activate" info online appeared right after the UPS delivery confirmation went online. It seems strange that the 622 came by UPS, but the return label on the flipside is FedEx. Guess they're spreading the wealth.

Following their instructions on the inclosed sheet, it took about 15 minutes to download and install what it needed until the "Activate Now" message appeared. The activation on the web took only a minute, but then it went through the whole routine again. Including checkswitch and program guide download times it added another 15 minutes. Then when I went to create some timers I found it only had 48 hours of guide. It would not go past Sunday night at 6. It didn't offer to update the guide, so the only way I knew of to force it was another check switch. With the checkswitch, power on delay, and guide download, it was another 12 minutes. I don't remember it being quite so tedious the last few replacements. It also downloaded 2- 5 minute videos of how-to, and the Dishmas greeting.

But alas, all is well in DishLand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)