can I add another dish myself

oggusfoo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I've heard about all the fun stuff at the 61.5 satellite. I'm a gold hd subscriber, so it isn't a question of eligibility, but can I buy a used dish locally or off ebay and install it myself and just patch it in to my current satellite signal coming off a Super DIsh (I think)? I noticed the box that handles the incoming connection and sends it to the receivers has a lot of places to screw things into it. Please advise.

Maybe. Here's a link with plenty of information that you can read before you decide to have fun playing. :)

You really need to determine exactly what kind of dish, LNBF, and switch you have before going any further.

Without researching Alabama, it is possible that you may have a SuperDish 105 with a DP-34 switch, that you were using to receive locals, and a few HD channels. If so, and if your locals were moved to 110, then you could disconnect the 105 lead to the DP-34 and replace it with a lead from a wing dish to receive 61.5 to get additional HD and PI channels, or 129 for the HD channels.

Edit: However... Again, this all depends on what type of equipment you really have. You may want to determine the exact equipment and post, and then someone will give you a definite answer.

Good luck.

Last edited:
As far as I remember, Birmingham was never a SuperDish market. I would guess that since you have HD Gold you probably have a Dish1000.

The "check switch" will tell you what type of switch and what satellites it gets.

I added a second dish myself, including aiming the dish at the satellite 61.5(probably the hardest part). If you have patience you can do it.

Calling Dish for Cinemax HD

622 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)