Can I ask a Shaw problem here ?

jimmyone

Original poster
Sep 1, 2013
Ontario
I have a Shaw 60cm. dish, KuLNBF dual switchable. I just moved and I am getting a reading of 96 on A9(107.3). For the love of me,
I can't find the second sat (111.1)........ I'm using all the correct settings; however, what channel should I use to tune and
is there a time delay while searching for the "B" sat? Am I the problem, or has the LNB gone wonky ?

Signal problems

I have a Shaw 60cm. dish, dual switchable KuLNBF. I just moved and I have a signal of 96 on Sat A9 (107.3).......however, I can't
find sat "B" (111.1). All the settings are correct. Is there a certain channel that I must tune to? Is there a delay when trying
to find "B" ? Finally, is the LNB wonky or am I the problem ?

If your receivers are active, use 299 to tune it in. The is F1 107, if your skew on the back of dish is set correctly F2 will be there automatically and 350 APTN should come in for you.

Showtime: My LNB has 4 ports-----2 for Sat A, 2 for Sat B. Regardless of whether I attach to A or B, I only get A9.....and I only get a signal
of 90 when on A. Should I be using 2 lines to a SW21 ? Do I need a newer LNB ? My receiver is a 505.
I'm not addled (I've hooked up dozens of Bell dishes) however, I'm very frustrated . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Those LNB's have a switch built into the. so there is no A or B. those ports are all the same.
If the lnb is different from the one you had before it could be a V-code problem, so in which case try and tune in ATPN (350) only you should get a good signal on it no matter what code you have in the rec.
On the back of the LNB it will either be a quad or a triple. The triple is the newest XKU lnb which picks up G1 (Canada only)
The normal V-codes for a quad are 4380 or 4342 for the West. East have different ones.
The normal V-codes for the triple are 4327 or 4329 for the west and these are for all the older generation receivers such as your 505.
The 600 series all have different codes as well. So check your map status in system settings and let us know what lnb you have and what V-code you
have. If they are all matching correctly, then do you have a clear view to the south? Did you level your pipe before you put the dish on it? etc

Oh and don't worry about the A9, it will not change unless you do a factory reset and I am presuming you did not do that?

Cheers

Showtime: My LNB has 4 ports-----2 for Sat A, 2 for Sat B. Regardless of whether I attach to A or B, I only get A9.....and I only get a signal
of 90 when on A. Should I be using 2 lines to a SW21 ? Do I need a newer LNB ? My receiver is a 505.
I'm not addled (I've hooked up dozens of Bell dishes) however, I'm very frustrated . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

The unit is a quad. V code is 4128 and pops up on its own even when changed. System status does not show a map; but provides
the following info: Network Data Status 525-4328
Current Version 00.FE
Target Version 00.00
Station 350 is HBOHDW not APTN.....Aboriginal People's Network ?????
That's all I can tell you. Where can I find the appropriate "map status" for Ontario.
Thank you.

Where can I find the map settings . 4128 is automatically displayed as EMM even if reset to another.
Channel 350 is HBOHDW, not APTN....the Aboriginal People's Network......
595 has signal strength of 91, if I go to 350--- signal is 8.
LNB is a quad, 505 receiver.......
Confused still.

jimmyone: it sounds like you have the "advanced" lineup. i use channel 711 to tune F2. It's one of the TVA local feeds. it is the same in classic and advanced.

Channel 595 signal 93
Channel 299 8
711 81 ---- but I'm pretty sure this is F1.....how will I know I'm on F2----try some stations ?

Yes you are on the advanced map so 070 will be APTN The 4328 is the V-code for the XKU lnb so this is why you are having difficulty.
You either need to buy an XKU for your dish or call shaw and have the V-code changed to the Quad after you get a lock on the satellite.

Use 070 and you should be fine now. 700 will work as well for both types of LNB to get a signal.

Thank you for your help.......actually the 505 may be wonky, or I'll have to get a new xKu which may fix the problem if that
is the problem. Also, will the EMM change itself with the new xKu or should I call my retailer?
All the set up channels come in 700, 300, 058, 070----classic and new, except for 299. This is strange because it means that the vertical
and horizontal feeds are working on each sat, but not on the one side of F2............which means the 505 may be wonky.
Thanks, again.

No the 505 should be OK, once you change the lnb all the other channels will come in automatically as that is what the code in the 505 is set to :) XKU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)