Can I change my VIP222K for a Dual DVR??

egk69

Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
PR
Hi, Im new on this Forums, and New to DISH Network too, I sign in for the TOP 250 + HD for Life + HBO & Showtime , I have 2 VIP222K and 1 VIP211K. I got all this installed Yesterday the thing is that the Guy told me I could add a External Hard Drive to any of the VIP222K and it will work as a DVR (after paying $40 something to Dish for the software or whatever)

But after reading around on a few forums all i found is that the 222k can't work as a DVR!! I talk to a guy on DISH over the phone and I ask him how to do it and he told me that with the 222K its not possible!

Im Pissed off about this cause the only reason i get two 222K was because the guy told me I would save some money cause I could make the 222K work as a DVR, Originally I was going to get 2 DVRs and 1 Single no DVR.

So Can I just Change the 222k for DVRs without any charge or anything? or what?

THANK YOU:up

wrong one

Hi, Im new on this Forums, and New to DISH Network too, I sign in for the TOP 250 + HD for Life + HBO & Showtime , I have 2 VIP222K and 1 VIP211K. I got all this installed Yesterday the thing is that the Guy told me I could add a External Hard Drive to any of the VIP222K and it will work as a DVR (after paying $40 something to Dish for the software or whatever)

But after reading around on a few forums all i found is that the 222k can't work as a DVR!! I talk to a guy on DISH over the phone and I ask him how to do it and he told me that with the 222K its not possible!

Im Pissed off about this cause the only reason i get two 222K was because the guy told me I would save some money cause I could make the 222K work as a DVR, Originally I was going to get 2 DVRs and 1 Single no DVR.

So Can I just Change the 222k for DVRs without any charge or anything? or what?

THANK YOU:up

It's the 211k that you can add the est HDD to and make it a DVR. Not the 222K. So if you need a dual tuner HD DVR you should get a 722k w/ OTA module or a 922 if you want the newest HD DVR that E* carries. Since you just got the units you would probably be able to switch but will need to be done very quickly or you will have stay the way you are for a yr.

The 211k can converted to a DVR but the 222s cannot.

If you were just installed cust serv may be able to swap at least one 222 for a 722 at no charge if they misinformed you

so which DVR should i ask for!?, I need one that is Dual Tunner (that you can watch on 2 TVs)

what are the differences in the DVRs the offeR?

so which DVR should i ask for!?, I need one that is Dual Tunner (that you can watch on 2 TVs)

what are the differences in the DVRs the offeR?

A 722/722K. Let's not go beyond that. 722 has two sat tuners and 1 OTA. 722K is two of each IT you buy the optional OTA module. Next time, do your homework.

622 722 722k and 922 are all dual tuner DVR recs

the 922 works differently than the others for secondary viewing and will most likely have an upgrade fee

the 622 722 and 722k work just like the 222k and you get any of the 3 depending what the installer has on the truck

3 TV's with one dual receiver

Cannot 'delete group' on Dish 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)