Can I connect PS3 to 722 to share wireless signal?

bmwboyee

Original poster
May 27, 2009
TX
I just got a PS3 and was wondering if there was a way to share the wireless signal so that I could program the 722 online. Any help is greatly appreciated. I searched and didn't find anything. I might suck at searching though.

I just got a PS3 and was wondering if there was a way to share the wireless signal so that I could program the 722 online. Any help is greatly appreciated. I searched and didn't find anything. I might suck at searching though.

Get a wireless router from Best Buy or any local electronics/dept store.

Get a wireless router from Best Buy or any local electronics/dept store.
The 722 isn't wireless, so a wireless router (which he already has in order to network the PS3 wirelessly) won't do anything.
A wireless bridge hooked up to the 722 is what would be needed.

The advice so far is generally true, but you need to make sure the router you purchase has wireless bridge capability, and not all routers (particularly cheaper ones) do. If you do go this route, you can set up your new router as a wireless bridge to your main router, and then you would plug ethernet cables from the bridge to your 722 and PS3 (and whatever else you might have around with an ethernet port).

Why would you want communication between PS3 and 722? What you can do with a PS3 is use it as media sender. My PS3 connects to an computer running XP with Simple Center installed to deliver music and video to the PS3. Is that what you were looking for.

As for connecting the 722, as stated above you will need a bridge. Most routers and Access Points will act as a bridge. Poke around the Internet, you should be able to find one for less than $20 delivered. Buy and NewEgg are good places to start.

And your 722 has HomePlug built in.

Thanks for the replies. what i wanted to do is share the internet connection without having to buy a homeplug. I have one on the way and it looks like the only way this will work. thanks for the help.

question, running an ethernet cable from PS3 to 722, would that share the internet access?

Thanks for the replies. what i wanted to do is share the internet connection without having to buy a homeplug. I have one on the way and it looks like the only way this will work. thanks for the help.

question, running an ethernet cable from PS3 to 722, would that share the internet access?

No, the PS3 is not designed to share Internet access.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)