Can I Diplex OTA on TV2 cable to 2nd TV from a 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pcpopcorn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Question
I want to install a 722 and use TV2 to feed the rest of my house.Can I combine my roof antenna so that the televisions that have an ATSC tuner will pick up OTA signal?

you don't need a diplexer to combine the tv 2 output and OTA, just make sure your tv2 out is not set to a channel used for OTA as most are UHF now. just use a splitter.

if you want to combine your sat and tv2/ota you will need diplexers.

I combine sat, OTA, tv 2 output and my UHF remote signal all on one cable using diplexers and splitters.

edit...also if you do combine OTA and tv2 you may want to use a notch filter to prevent your tv2 signal from being broadcast via back feed to your roof antenna.

Last edited:
I use a 3-to-1 combiner to add the RF output (TV1 and TV2) for 2 722s to the antenna. Then I amplify with a 1-in, 4-out, 10dB amp and feed that to the RF in on the 722s to get the ATSC signals and also to a DVD+ recorder (not in use), to the main TV, split to a nearby kitchen TV, and diplexed with a third Sat signal to a remote TV where it is separated for a 622 and the TV input. I don't worry about the antenna radiation, caused by and attenuated by the combiner, because the only neighbors are across a canyon and then 45 miles to the TV towers. I use channels OTA 60 62 64 and 66 for the RF outs as there are no OTA signals up there anymore. It is harder to find that much bandwidth unused lower down.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)