Can I easily swap my TV2's?

torino420

Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
I have a 622 and a 322 SD box both setup with a TV2. I would like to swap them so i get the DVR function on a different TV. Possible?

thanks

I have a 622 and a 322 SD box both setup with a TV2. I would like to swap them so i get the DVR function on a different TV. Possible?

thanks

sure its possible, if you understand the wiring. do all cables in your house meet in one place in your basement? are there diplexors or hard lines? if there are a pair of diplexors in the basement, merely switch the 2 UHF/ANT lines and tune the tv to the appropriate TV2 channel.

good luck.

thanks

Yes, you can swap where the TV2 outputs to. You could also just combine the outputs and put both TV2 outputs (one from the 622 and one from the 322) together using regular splitters and run it to both TVs.

We have a 625 and a 722. We have it so that all 4 tuners feed to 5 different tvs. All you do is run the coax out into a splitter backwards (to combine the signal) and then run that single wire into another splitter. Then run a line to each tv. Then check the modulator setup to make sure that the 622 and 322 are on different channels.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

I thought it would be a matter of just reprograming the boxes. I guess i dont totally undestand how the TV1/TV2 setup works.

Here is a rought run down of my setup.

622-TV1 downstairs on my main hd tv
622-TV2 is in my master bedroom

322-TV1 is my computer
322-TV2 is on a new TV in the loft

I want the DVR functions on the new TV in the loft hence the want for swapping the TV2's. So its not a matter of reprograming the boxes but a physical cable swap?

thanks everyone for your posts

yes you have to swap cables, if you house has a tv can or an on Q box its pretty easy. just find the diplexors (most of the time looks like a splitter but blue, says things like "SAT" VHF/UHF" IN-OUT")

take the vhf/uhf from both and swap them. that should do it but make sure you know where everything goes. if you dont you can easily mess up your system.

Here's my original setup:

DVR 625
TV1 - Living Room downstairs (not being moved)
TV2 - Mine and my wife's bedroom upstairs

Second reciever - My in-laws' room down the hall from my wife and myself.

My wife and I are expecting a baby next month so we had to rearrange the rooms. Our bedroom is becoming a nursery. My in-laws' room is becoming our new bedroom. And my in-laws are moving to the downstairs bedroom.

After literal hours outside (our switch is on ground-level on the side of the house), with my cell phone on speaker and playing with cables and splitters, I FINALLY figured out the setup. And it is SO SIMPLE!!! :eureka

There is a splitter marked In/Out with a red line going to SAT. The other line is labeled VHF/UHF. In/Out goes directly to your dish. The VHF/UHF is what is going to your TV2. SAT is connected to TV1. Once I figured out which cable was actually running to which bedroom, switching all the rooms around was a snap!

Just make sure you trace the lines going to your dish. Our dish is on a wooden pole next to the house (not on the roof). Isolate all your cables first. Save yourself hours of aggravation. Of course my hours of aggravation allowed me to have a little fun at my wife's expense. Once I had everything figured out, I didn't let on to my wife yet; and with her still on the phone in the living room, I kept waving my hand in front of the dish as she kept telling me, "It's out! Back on! Out again! No wait, it's back on!" LOL:shh:dev

Thats what I ended doing, Went to the panel on the side of my house where all the cables go and turned on all 4 tv's. Ended up finding the the cables for both TV 2's and swapped em. Worked great.

thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)