Can I feed output to input on dual receiver?

jpezz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I have 2 322s. They have the capability of providing two separate outputs using two remotes for two separate devices. In addition, they have an input connection so a feed from an antenna or cable TV can be integrated in the output.
Q - What if I fed the output from connection 1 (channel 3) to the input line of the receiver? Would that mean that on connection 2, I would get both outputs? Has anyone tried this?

Right now on one 322, output 1 goes to a DVD recorder and simultaneously, the video output goes to my TV. Output #2 goes to the TV and simultaneously the video goes to the DVD recorder. Now I can watch 2 channels simultaneously (I have PIP). But my TV also has a second tuner and if I can do what I suggested above, I could bring 2 more channels to the TV from the second 322 by sharing an existing cable to its second connection with a TV in another room.

I plan to try this when I get time (and when I can get through the furniture to make the connections) but I was wondering if anyone has tried it.

JohnP

I've never done it personally (no reason) but what you want to do is perfectly feasible and should work fine. You can take either modulated RF output (TV1 or TV2) from one 322 and feed it to the antenna/cable RF input of another 322.

Just remember that the TV2 RF output is normally 10db higher than the TV1 because it is designed to go through splitters and longer distances. If you were feeding it directly to another 322 at a close distance you would probably want to use the supplied attenuator.

yes you can. a simple pair of satellite power passing diplexers can do so.

I might suggest modulating to Cable, 73+ for an extra power boost.

Not too suer if it would work. I put a 522 and a 322 reciever in a customers basement, tried to run TV1 uot put on the 522 and tv 1 output on the 322 thru a dyplexer for his PiP and the satellite side of the dyplexer would not carry the picture to the T.V.

Diplexers are picky creatures. One thing is that it has to be power passing. Another is that it is rated for 2250MHz. The power passing side always goes to the rcvr and LNBF. Another thing you have to make sure of is that the diplexors point to each other... what I mean is the side with one outlet is wired to the diplexor's other single port.

wobbie said:
Not too suer if it would work. I put a 522 and a 322 reciever in a customers basement, tried to run TV1 uot put on the 522 and tv 1 output on the 322 thru a dyplexer for his PiP and the satellite side of the dyplexer would not carry the picture to the T.V.
You can't use a diplexer to combine 2 RF frequencies.

If you had to combine the TV1 outputs you should have set one to Ch 3 and the other to Ch 4. If there is too much interference using a 2-way splitter you use a signal combiner. But if you combine the Ch 3/4 output of TV1 from one box with the UHF TV2 output of the other a simple 2-way splitter should work to combine them.

If you want to diplex the combined RF outputs with the sat signal to backfeed there should be no problem if the diplexers are properly oriented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)