Can I get a Hopper 3 only

railroad-guy

Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Central Illinois
I have the 722 now and only have one TV so I pay a $15 a month fee. Now I want to get Netflix so I'll need a Hopper and even thought I'll never use it, the Joey. So if I read everything correctly my monthly fee will only jump to $22 from $15 is that correct? I have been with Dish for over 15 years, what the going rate to switch to the Joey?

I didn't think they were requiring a Joey with an H3. But DIRT may be able to help with that.

Failing that- BUY a Joey 2. Have them install and activate the two together. Then after a few days, call to deactivate the Joey. You'll recoup your money.

Yes - You can just get a Hopper 3 without a joey. Have one at each of two homes without any joey's

I have the 722 now and only have one TV so I pay a $15 a month fee. Now I want to get Netflix so I'll need a Hopper and even thought I'll never use it, the Joey. So if I read everything correctly my monthly fee will only jump to $22 from $15 is that correct? I have been with Dish for over 15 years, what the going rate to switch to the Joey?
Why not just get a Roku or Fire stick and learn how to change your TV input? There is no Netflix DD 5:1, just stereo via Hopper in case you would ever want surround sound.

Why not just get a Roku or Fire stick and learn how to change your TV input? There is no Netflix DD 5:1, just stereo via Hopper in case you would ever want surround sound.

Unless you use the optical out to your AVR! ;)

He'd be saving money after 4-5 months, staying with the 722 and no contract.

I was commenting on your assertion that you can't get 5.1 surround with Netflix on a Hopper. My fix is correct, optical works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)