Can I get a Hopper 3 only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

railroad-guy

Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Central Illinois
I have the 722 now and only have one TV so I pay a $15 a month fee. Now I want to get Netflix so I'll need a Hopper and even thought I'll never use it, the Joey. So if I read everything correctly my monthly fee will only jump to $22 from $15 is that correct? I have been with Dish for over 15 years, what the going rate to switch to the Joey?

I didn't think they were requiring a Joey with an H3. But DIRT may be able to help with that.

Failing that- BUY a Joey 2. Have them install and activate the two together. Then after a few days, call to deactivate the Joey. You'll recoup your money.

Yes - You can just get a Hopper 3 without a joey. Have one at each of two homes without any joey's

I have the 722 now and only have one TV so I pay a $15 a month fee. Now I want to get Netflix so I'll need a Hopper and even thought I'll never use it, the Joey. So if I read everything correctly my monthly fee will only jump to $22 from $15 is that correct? I have been with Dish for over 15 years, what the going rate to switch to the Joey?
Why not just get a Roku or Fire stick and learn how to change your TV input? There is no Netflix DD 5:1, just stereo via Hopper in case you would ever want surround sound.

Why not just get a Roku or Fire stick and learn how to change your TV input? There is no Netflix DD 5:1, just stereo via Hopper in case you would ever want surround sound.

Unless you use the optical out to your AVR! ;)

He'd be saving money after 4-5 months, staying with the 722 and no contract.

I was commenting on your assertion that you can't get 5.1 surround with Netflix on a Hopper. My fix is correct, optical works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)