can i get a little info about the CE

david_gilbert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
ms
if i try teh CE software, what exactly does it gain over the NR? i only have 1 HDDVR, the others are older R-15's so no networking and no MRV. i am just trying to see if there is anything i may like enough about the CE to make it worth teh risks.

if i try teh CE software, what exactly does it gain over the NR? i only have 1 HDDVR, the others are older R-15's so no networking and no MRV. i am just trying to see if there is anything i may like enough about the CE to make it worth teh risks.

I don't believe it is now compared to before,only thing I see upcoming is maybe an HD guide and MRV.I find for myself and my R22-100 that the NR 034c is working very good and my days as a beta tester are at an end.

I read the release notes on the CE's and see what is new and then decide if I want it or not. The last CE I bothered with was 3 months ago, they aren't very usefull anymore.

They are not very useful anymore ?

That all depends on how you test ....
Are you downloading to TEST the software, or only when you see something coming that you may want ?

The idea is for those that want to test, to test and report thier findings so D* has a larger sample to decide what is ready for the next "NR".

Anything that D* is happy with in a CE, you will get regardless eventually.

You have a choice for test or not, no one is saying you have to, but D* would like testers to be able to give thier reply's to thier software.

Jimbo

I have both a HR21-100 and H21-100 and the wife would like the MRV. How stable are these releases? How much of a chance is there of hosing my recordings?

I have both a HR21-100 and H21-100 and the wife would like the MRV. How stable are these releases? How much of a chance is there of hosing my recordings?

Normally they are pretty decent, but ya never know when a glitch may appear, seeing thats why it's beta software.

I think I have lost recordings once in all the years I've been doing CE's, (since the very beginning)

The worst that has happened with mine was a loss of To Do List and Series Links on one DVR. Nothing major.

I've seen a number of people lose all their recordings with a CE, although that may have been due to a coincidental hardware issue. I've also seen plenty of people lose recordings due to a CE.

I lose several recordings a few days ago when one of my receivers locked up on the CE and didnt record.

My experiences with the non MRV CE's has been pretty good reliability wise, but with MRV enabled and used moderately, my receivers have needed reboots every few days to avoid lockups or bad performance.

I have all my HR2xx's networked and MRV'd and have no issues. No reboots or such. Each case is different.

I've only been doing the CE for a month or so. So far no real problems. I did end up reverting to the NR the first week due to some video glitches with MRV. I have not had any issues since.....and MRV is COOL........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts