Can I get some advice?

highspeed57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
I own an xbox 360 and am ready to look into hd dvd for my home theater system. In the past I was pretty sure that the hd dvd drive would be the way to go for my xbox however here lately I've been reading on this site about the a2. Can anyone please give me some advice as to which would be the best way to go as far as the xbox add on or the a2?

They both are almost equal in terms of the HD watching experience.

The nice thing about the add-on is that the 360 boots faster and the movie load a bit quicker. Also you get a remote that works pretty good.

The A2 seems to have a slightly better audio output via optical than the 360.

Haven't tried the A3 yet, but you do get more free movies if you decide to go that route.

i would consider which xbox system you have. if it's one of the new ones with hdmi then add on is the way to go considering the price $179 or less on ebay. i have my add on hooked to my pc connected to my big screen via rgb and i like it, just not as easy to get going as it was when i had it connected to my 360.

I own an xbox 360 and am ready to look into hd dvd for my home theater system. In the past I was pretty sure that the hd dvd drive would be the way to go for my xbox however here lately I've been reading on this site about the a2. Can anyone please give me some advice as to which would be the best way to go as far as the xbox add on or the a2?

I have an original xbox360 (no hdmi), and the hd-dvd add-on. I love it! Then again, I purchased it when Best Buy had an error on-line, and I paid $150, minus a $25 gift card I had sitting around..so $125 plus tax, but with free shipping... it was a great deal.

Benefit of the stand-alones, if you don't have hdmi or a vga connectioin, is that they apparently do a great job upconverting standard DVDs. Well, at least VGA for sure..I don't know if anyone has stated that with hdmi things are upconverted...

I've been very pleased with the hd-dvd add-on.

Thanks for the great advice everybody. I should be picking up an A2 within the next two weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)