Can I lease a 522

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
Can an existing subscriber lease a 522? If so do I need to pay the extra $99 dollars to have them to unscrew the cables from my 322 and screw them back into the 522?

Spatch said:
Can an existing subscriber lease a 522? If so do I need to pay the extra $99 dollars to have them to unscrew the cables from my 322 and screw them back into the 522?

You can call and tell them that you will cancel your service if they don't let you lease one. You have to say "cancel" then they will hand you off to a retention person. I was able to get my brother a 522 leased for $50 dollars. They even sent him two prepaid shipping boxes for the two 301's he was replacing and gave him $25 a piece credit for those. So it cost him nothing. Someone did come out to his house to set it up for the $50.

I spent at least 15 minutes with the regular CSR first as she said no way would they lease an existing customer a 522. My brother would have to buy it from a retailer. That's when she told me to say the word "cancel" so she could hand me off to the retention person.

Ouch! I hate that happened to you. Just contact the executive office and make the request through them. For my money I would just buy one off of Ebay or the Dishstore. Get it home plug it in and then call a csr to have it activated on your account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)