Can I op-out my contract because voom move?

The lease agreement you signed "clearly" states in the fine print that programming is provided at the sole discretion of DISH Network and is subject to change without notice. Unfortunately, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court. I wish that there were something we could do in situations like this, but there really isn't....except switch provdiers. If you think you get better PQ on cable, then that means that your dish system may not have been setup correctly. While others' mileage may vary, I haven't seen a "good" HD picture from cable yet. Actually my best HD PQ comes from my off air antenna. :D

It seems to me that this is a substantial change that should warrant a waiver of the early term fee. What if they decided to pull tons of Viacom stations off the....oh wait...I forgot...they did do that.

The litigation will cost more than the $13 and some change per month cost to buy your way out of the contract. Would be dumb on your part.

Not if you contact, lets say Eric Deters or Stan Chesley, and make it class action.:) Besides my bet is that Dish will lose the war with Voom in the end because they jumped before the case was fully litigated.

It would be far easier to pair your subscription down to the bare minimum, effectively snubbing Dish.

On the other hand, class action lawsuits are often very effective at making lawyers rich.

Has dish ever allowed customers to op-out their contract because certain channels were removed? The only reason I choose dish over other providers is (was) world cinema. Now that it's gone, I don't see any reason not to switch (except my contract).

NO. DISH has the right to alter programming in the packages at any time. I realize that many are upset at this---just about everyone who watched VOOM posts here---but let's not give the guy bad advice just because we are upset.

to go with dish for 1 channel is dumb to leave because of the same channel is just stupid.is it really that important

How many people left Dish when they stopped carrying MLB? How many people subscribe to D* just for NFL Sunday ticket?

I wish that there were something we could do in situations like this, but there really isn't....except switch provdiers. If you think you get better PQ on cable, then that means that your dish system may not have been setup correctly. While others' mileage may vary, I haven't seen a "good" HD picture from cable yet. Actually my best HD PQ comes from my off air antenna. :D

Many cable providers have better PQ than others. Some favor quality over quantity or just don't yet have agreements in place for a lot of channels. Therefore, they don't need to overcompress.

Learn something new everyday. It's very refreshing when someone calls you dumb and stupid.

Not if you contact, lets say Eric Deters or Stan Chesley, and make it class action.:) Besides my bet is that Dish will lose the war with Voom in the end because they jumped before the case was fully litigated.

I am not sure I follow that. IF DISH has the right to change the package (and they do) the litigation is likely to fail. Dropping VOOM completely might matter in the litigation between VOOM and Echostar but that is a separate matter.

I get this same question everytime Dish drops a channel, and the ansewer is NO.

Programming is subject to change without notice!

I'm not sure that Dish would want to litigate how many dropped channels it takes to create a material breach of contract.

If Voom is as unpopular as they say it is, they should be willing to eat the cost of early terminations.

hold on i didnt call YOU dumb or stupid. wouldnt do that to someone i dont know. i just think is dumb to go with a provider just for a few channels. my opinion only. sorry if it didnt come out right.

hold on i didnt call YOU dumb or stupid. wouldnt do that to someone i dont know. i just think is dumb to go with a provider just for a few channels. my opinion only. sorry if it didnt come out right.

I don't. I'm paying then I should be enjoying the channels. If D* picked up my favorite Voom channel I would be gone tomorrow. Why stay?

I don't. I'm paying then I should be enjoying the channels. If D* picked up my favorite Voom channel I would be gone tomorrow. Why stay?

In the end you can leave for any reason. But if you have a commitment you have to pay the penalty. If you are past the commitment it obvisouly does not matter.

I'm not sure that Dish would want to litigate how many dropped channels it takes to create a material breach of contract.

If Voom is as unpopular as they say it is, they should be willing to eat the cost of early terminations.

Unfortunately given the language iof the contract it would be difficult to prove that this is a material breach. After all in order for something to be considereda breach one party has to do something that the contract does not permit them to. In this case the contract expressly grants DISH the right to change the packages. DISH MIGHT decide to let people terminate at no charge as a PR measure but they don't have to.

BTW has anyone with a commitment actually tried to terminate? i would be interested to hear if DISH is givig customers any leeway on this. As one poster has already pointed out he got at least a reduction in the termination fee when EI was dropped.

I don't know about Dish, but if cell phone companies make a change like that you can opt out.

If you have a DP-501, DP-508, DP-510, DP-522, DP-625, DP-721, DP-921, or DP-942 you could say you are shutting off service in compliance with an order from a federal judge.

I am not sure I follow that. IF DISH has the right to change the package (and they do) the litigation is likely to fail. Dropping VOOM completely might matter in the litigation between VOOM and Echostar but that is a separate matter.

Lawyers work on grey areas and loopholes. DISH can put into their contracts that programming is subject to change, but such changes would still be subject to legal challenge.

Let's say tomorrow morning you wake up and the only channel left on DISH is the World Fishing Network. Do you really think a court would uphold a DISH subscriber's contract commitment in that case?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)