Can I put a 625 hard drive in a external hard drive shell?

pmteig

Original poster
May 18, 2012
Midwest
I just had a new Hopper installed as an upgrade from a 625 DVR. I own the old 625 receiver, which a purchased 4 years ago. I have programming on it I would like to transfer to my Hopper. Can I remove the hard drive from the 625 and put it in a usb hard drive shell and connect the usb cable to the Hopper to transfer the programming from the old hard drive to the Hopper? Thanks Much!!

Could be wrong because I don't know much on the lines of a Hopper but... No...

I just had a new Hopper installed as an upgrade from a 625 DVR. I own the old 625 receiver, which a purchased 4 years ago. I have programming on it I would like to transfer to my Hopper. Can I remove the hard drive from the 625 and put it in a usb hard drive shell and connect the usb cable to the Hopper to transfer the programming from the old hard drive to the Hopper? Thanks Much!!

Although on the other side of it, Im sure you can use that hard drive in an enclosure...

Highly doubt that you will be able to get the current contents from the 625 HDD onto the Hopper. It will most likely ask to reformat the drive. You can however use the drive just like any other drive and place new content from the Hopper onto the new EHD.

I could be wrong, but 90% sure. Only way to know for sure is to try ;) . Report back with what you find, I'd be interested to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)