Can I record a PPV

will53033

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I am newbie to Dish.

Can I order a PPV movie and then set a timer to record the movie so that I can watch it later. If so any instructions would be appreciated.

I have a DVR625 and am really enjoying it. I don't seem to have the problems that some people in this forum are having. Perhaps I should keep my fingers crossed. My software version 2.39.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

With the video-on-demand (hit 'dvr', moves and more...), you can't record those. However, with the 500-channels (dish channels 500 through 538), typically when you order, it sets up a record for it automatically. You can keep it on your box as long as you want. I don't know how it prioritizes the recordings with pay-per-view vs. something else that may have a higher priority on your list.

Unless Dish just changed something on me.

bippi said:
With the video-on-demand (hit 'dvr', moves and more...), you can't record those. However, with the 500-channels (dish channels 500 through 538), typically when you order, it sets up a record for it automatically. You can keep it on your box as long as you want. I don't know how it prioritizes the recordings with pay-per-view vs. something else that may have a higher priority on your list.

Unless Dish just changed something on me.

Thanks, I will give this a try.

When you schedule a PPV to record, it automatically gets set to priority 1, so no other events should pre-empt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts