Can i record converter box sub channels with my DVR?

hmunster123

Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
brooklyn
I have Time Warner Brooklyn Cable with a Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC DVR. I also have a tv converter box which I have to connect to another tv to get some cool retro channels such as ThisTV which shows old movies, old tv shows, etc. Time Warner doesn't carry the ThisTV subchannel which is 11.3, WPIX. I have to record this channel with a VCR. Any way to record using my DVR box instead?

Unfortunately, no. The 8300 will only record channels that are recognized by the cable system.
You could do this with a TIVO, which allows both an antenna and cable connection. Might want to check into rates vs monthly rental on the dvr. Probably not the cheapest solution, but I am a lot happer with the TIVO interface vs the TWC brain dead DVR.

dvr vs. tivo

I'm not happy with TWC but I had a satellite dish before TWC and it always went out when there was bad weather so I have to stick with TWC for now. Hopefully TWC will pick up ThisTV channel soon. Thanks.

I'm not happy with TWC but I had a satellite dish before TWC and it always went out when there was bad weather so I have to stick with TWC for now. Hopefully TWC will pick up ThisTV channel soon. Thanks.

If your dish went out that often, then it was most likely due to poor installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)