Can I replace the TurboHD dish with a 1000+ that I have?

hraner

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2005
Recently I moved to a new location. I used to have HD & international programming, so I have a 1000+ dish which can pick up 110, 119, 118.7 & 129 (with DPP44 switch). I've fulfilled my 18 months contract already.

I did the $6 service plan + $15 technician visit to move to the new address. DISH wanted to charge $100 for installing a DISH with international programming support, I decided not to pay $100 and went with the 110/119/129 TurboHD dish.

After 1 month, I kind of want to get international programming back and called DISH, they still want the $100 for international dish.

Question is: Since DISH network never took back the 1000+ & DPP44, can I replace the turboHD with 1000+ myself?

The technician said I need matching supporting arms/brackets, etc. The 1000+ was installed with a tripod on bacolny before, now the turboHD dish is installed on the side of the wall. Anyone knows if I can replace it myself and then call DISH to add international programming (just told them I have a 1000+ dish myself).

Thanks

If you mean the TurboHD dish is the old Super Dish, which is bigger than current dish you would need extra support and brackets. Check out SatelliteGuys store, they may have what you need.

It's not the old superDISH.

It has "turboHD" logo on it. I don't know if it's 1000, 1000.2, etc. It's picking up 110/119/129, no switch is needed for the installation (1 722 receiver).

It's a brand new one when technician installed it.

Yes you could put up the dish yourself, but I suggest to just save yourself the headache, and let DNS do the upgrade for the $100. Hind sight's 20/20, but if you had the 1000+, SW44, and the power inserter with you to your new location when the tech did the mover he would have probably set it up for you instead of the .2 for a small compensation.

If you do not want to do the install youself. I would suggest to call Dish and explain that you already have the Dish 1000+ kit. That all you need is for the tech to come out and re-installed and aligned the dish is all. If all else fails, You could email the ceo office at Dish and explain to them in detail about it.

Yes you can do it , But as the others said you would still have to reajust the dish.
Because the bracket that you mount the reflector on is different. So the 500/1000+ dishes won't just mount right up to a 1000.4 hardware because the screw holes are different.

Just use common sence, and you'll see what you have to do to mount the 1000+ reflector to the 1000.4 setup.
You have both dishes already so it should be a snap since you can see first hand the setups.
I would call for reajustment, if you have the Protection plan it will only cost $15, well worth it IMO.
And a few hours before they get there,set up the hardware, and you'll have barely any downtime before the Tech arrives.

It's not the old superDISH.

It has "turboHD" logo on it. I don't know if it's 1000, 1000.2, etc. It's picking up 110/119/129, no switch is needed for the installation (1 722 receiver).

It's a brand new one when technician installed it.
If you don't have international, then you have a 1000.2 19x24 dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)