Can I run cable Internet over same satellite wire

you would need diplexers to combine them and then separate it again but I dont see why not since they run on different frequencies

yes

these are diplexers
D2200_Diplexer_Single.jpg

one side is for antenna or in your case cable internet...the other is for satellite. They are used in tandem

or more depending on setup

you need at least 2...one at the "join spot" and one where it will split between the two items. I assume you only need cable internet at one spot so just get 2

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 472
Buzzdar said:
So I would need two of them

Yes you would. Need 2 diplexers. The in/ outs must "face" each other.

But i warm you, while it will work, there has been cases where one or the other starts having a problem since the diplexer seperates the uhf signal and the sat signal at a certain frequency, some of your cables freq might be left out.

But hey, if it works, then no harm no foul.

In theory this should work However be careful, make sure that you use diplexers which are 5-860 as most of the internet signals are on the low end. Personally I will usually only duplex a cable internet signal when there is NO OTHER WAY. this avoids any interference and possible problems

I agree, it "should" work. But has anyone done this in their own setup? I am buying a new house where this would make things much easier if I could do it, but I'm somewhat leary about it. Seems like it may cause issues over time. I'd like to hear from anyone that has had this setup for an extended period of time.

I have done this, it will work just fine for a limited amount of time, then it seems to "burn out" the diplexers. I would start to see it first on the Sat side with short drops of signal, then the internet speeds started to slow. With in 4 months I ran a second line to the room. Now with Sat and Just "cable" (not internet) I have had no issues running this set up. Only when shared with the modem.

Good grief! You need to use the 2-amp blue diplexers, not the 1-amp red ones.

I have done this, it will work just fine for a limited amount of time, then it seems to "burn out" the diplexers. I would start to see it first on the Sat side with short drops of signal, then the internet speeds started to slow. With in 4 months I ran a second line to the room. Now with Sat and Just "cable" (not internet) I have had no issues running this set up. Only when shared with the modem.

DC block on the cable side. Cable systems run 70 vdc to power cable line amps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)