Can I sell my DVR after canceling?

gatorfreak

Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Florida
I suspect this is a bit of an unusual question.
I canceled Dish after a few months of the 2 year contract and paid the cancellation fees. I've tried to get Dish to send me a box to return it in but they say they will and never do. They haven't contacted me to ask for it back. It's been about 6 months since I canceled and this thing is just collecting dust. Can I sell it? I just don't want to store it anymore.

I'm not trying to pull a scam on Dish. I've tried to setup a return. I don't want to sell it if the buyer is going to have problems activating it.

Don't sell it, they will charge you for it if you don't return it. Keep trying to send it back or you will get a large charge on your credit card.

Please sell it the buyer will be screwed because it cannot be activated being leased. You will be screwed when they charge you full retail for not returning their property.

ASK for a Return Authorization Number and a return address then you should be able to send it back with the ability to track it.

They never forget about their equipment. I had a leased( not in use) 622 HD DVR for about 1 1/2 years that I thought they forgot about it, but one day Dish called and said they were sending a box so I can return their equipment. If I didn't return it, I was going to be charged full price. I sent that sucker back ASAP. Check your credit card statement to see if you have been already charged.

Thanks for the responses (except for boba). I contacted Dish again. We'll see if they'll send a box this time.

Last edited:
You didn't like Boba's response - come on. You knew you couldn't sell someone else's property and you knew the answer was to call them up, be persistent and return it.

You didn't like Boba's response - come on. You knew you couldn't sell someone else's property and you knew the answer was to call them up, be persistent and return it.

Yes, and I've tried and tried. But there is a point where I shouldn't be expected to be Dish's warehouse until they get around to wanting it back.

Just because he's right

Yes, and I've tried and tried. But there is a point where I shouldn't be expected to be Dish's warehouse until they get around to wanting it back.

You didn't like just because he was right. Just put the thing in your garage or closet and wait till U get the box. You will thank yourself when you don't get charged $600 for it. So yes in a small way you are warehousing it till the box comes. But the price for selling it would really get you since no one could use it.

So yes in a small way you are warehousing it till the box comes.

Maybe sending Dish a written notice explaining your "warehousing" fees are in order. A note stating that you have been waiting for the box to come to you, the fixed rate you will charge Dish (say $7.00 per month for a non-DVR or $14 for a HD DVR is in order :) ) per month and make sure the bottom says something like..

cc: John Doe, esq.

Send it certified mail, return receipt requested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)