Can I signup for Dish Network for under $300?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I'd really like to switch from cable (Adelphia/Comcast) to Dish Network, but I absolutely need a HDTV DVR. (I can't live without one!)

My cable company only charges me $11.99 per month for the HDTV DVR but Dish Network wants $199 "equipment lease upgrade" fee.

On top of that they want $50 setup fee (not installation fee) and I'll need to buy an HDTV OTA antenna ($50??). I can deal with these fees but the $200 for the HDTV DVR is too pricey for my needs.

So that's $199 + $50 + $50 = $300. The actual satellite service I want is only $45/month (that includes the $20/month rebates they have right now), but the one-time fees are brutal.

If you get a Club Dish referal number from an existing dish customer, you can save that $49 activation fee.

I trust you don't want to commit to 18-months as that would save you the $50 'setup fee' (activation). As already suggested, get a Club Dish referral number (PM me for one if you're interested) and that will knock off that $50.

Depending on how far your local TV stations are, you might be able to use a less expensive antenna. Dish does offer HD locals for some cities. Where do you live ?

...The actual satellite service I want is only $45/month (that includes the $20/month rebates they have right now), but the one-time fees are brutal.[/SIZE]
Put it on your credit card, spread out the upfront cost over a few months.

That $20/month you mention is for (10) months. 10 months x $20 is $200... the same as the 'cost' to get the HD-DVR. I realize it's not the same, but it works out for 'free' in under a year.

I trust you don't want to commit to 18-months as that would save you the $50 'setup fee' (activation). As already suggested, get a Club Dish referral number (PM me for one if you're interested) and that will knock off that $50.

Depending on how far your local TV stations are, you might be able to use a less expensive antenna. Dish does offer HD locals for some cities. Where do you live ?

So are you saying dish will lease the 622 w/o a 18 month contract for $ 50 extra?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts