Can I split TV2 feed? and other questions.

JTQuest

Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
No second TV signal?

I'm in the process of moving from one house to another. I currently have DirecTV at the old house, but decided to go with a "new subscriber" 2-room DVR522 package from SBC/Dish Network at the new residence. The previous owners had a two-room set-up wired to the living room and the basement, each with a seperate receiver. I hadn't researched the wiring prior to ordering, so I asked that the free installation be done to two bedrooms, assuming I could later move the receivers around as I wished and/or add on later. Oops.

Now my plan is to run 2 RG6's from the dish to the 522, which will be located in the living room. I'll then run the TV2 RG59 to a 3-way splitter, and then to the basement and each bedroom. Will this work? If so, I assume that the three TV2s will then be controlled by remote 2, and will always be on the same station, correct?

Also, I was considering a second home theater set-up in the basement. Does the TV2 coaxial feed provide a digital signal, or am I going to have to use a "simulated surround sound" setting?

You are correct. You can split the TV2 signal but all three rooms connected to it will watch the same thing.
The TV2 output is a UHF signal but it is MTS stereo (even though the manual says it's mono).

OK, I've hooked it up with the 2 RG6s into the 522, and (temporarily) one RG59 to the basement television. Living room TV works fine, but I can't seem to get a signal on the basement TV. Tuner 2 power is on, connections are all good, and I checked the modulator setting (channel 60) and the TV was tuned to 60. Any ideas?

JTQuest said:
OK, I've hooked it up with the 2 RG6s into the 522, and (temporarily) one RG59 to the basement television. Living room TV works fine, but I can't seem to get a signal on the basement TV. Tuner 2 power is on, connections are all good, and I checked the modulator setting (channel 60) and the TV was tuned to 60. Any ideas?

Check and see if you have the TV set for OTA broadcast or cable broadcast. Cable 60 is a different frequency from OTA 60.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar