Can I swap D* for Voom ?

dozens

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I have a old D* ST only subscription and 3 LNB Dish and HD Receiver. With Vooms current $1 promo I am thinking of giving it a try for 6 months. Can I reuse my D* dish or do I need a different dish ? Is the elevation angle and direction roughly the same ?

Can I do a self-install ? I don't need a antenna, I get my locals from Comcast. If I can waive the install do I get any other discounts ?

D* does not have satellites in the same direction with VOOM.
VOOM does not authorize self-installs.

you can use the D* 3lnb dish. just point it in the right direction. One of the three lnbs is the one that Voom uses. Infact that dish will probably work better than the std Voom dish. You can do almost the entire installation yourself. Infact the installer handed me the boxes with the recievers while he put up the new dish.

Ilya said:
D* does not have satellites in the same direction with VOOM.
VOOM does not authorize self-installs.

What is the difference in direction between the two ? My D* dish is mount on the side of my house and has the chimney on another side and because of its oval shape does have alot of room to swivel in either direction.

My Voom azimuth is 166 and my D* azimuth is 235. I not real good with cartesian math but if I understand things correctly, I think I need to swivel my dish left. How much left I have no clue :) I also need to elevate by 7 degrees.

Directv uses 119 , 110 sat c and 101. If you go up on your roof you can actually see what lnb is for what sat. Voom is all the way at 61.5 which is quite a bit left. With that huge dish you should be able to catch it very easily. If it is an old DTV oval dish , remember that you cant use the lnb in the middle...thats the sat c lnb and it is only used for Directv.

I do have a far amount of room to swivel the dish left. My D* dish is a newer one, or at least I bought new 6 months ago.

Vurbano mentioned below Voom uses one of the three lnbs, does it matter which one or is it simply the one that points 61.5.

I think I might a Voom customer soon :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)