Can I use 1TB external Drive

Not really an answer, but...

If I remember correctly, the WD MyBook 1 TB drive has only an Ethernet interface and is, therefore, not usable with the 622's USB interface.

This still begs the question of whether the 622 would work with a 1 TB drive that did have a USB interface. The slides in the Tech Forum said to attach a 40 to 750 GB drive. They also cautioned against using 2 drive external enclosures and said that some would work and some would not. The WD MyBook 1 TB is a 2 drive device.

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you.

thre are different versions of the My Book drives. Some might work an some not. I am not sure that we can make a definitive statement like all 1 TB drives will or will not work.

All disks (regardless of size or organization as RAID-0 or other type internally in the enclosure) formatting (partitioning) same way:

partition #1: x83 1GB [2,120,517 sectors] with one folder 'lost+found';
partition #2: x83 <rest> with two folders - 'DishArc' and 'lost+found'.

WE knew what DISH told us and our thinking is good enough for ourselves, but the device working by own thoughts ( algorithms and limitations ) so - thinking is irrelevant ! :)

All disks (regardless of size or organization as RAID-0 or other type internally in the enclosure) formatting (partitioning) same way:

partition #1: x83 1GB [2,120,517 sectors] with one folder 'lost+found';
partition #2: x83 <rest> with two folders - 'DishArc' and 'lost+found'.

Good to know that the first partition is always the same size. That will yield some interesting information. The second partition is obviously for the content itself.

And, of course, remember, you can use a file system and bypass it (e.g., direct sector access) simultaneously...

New Hd channels not filling entire screen

Voom Channel Sound

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)