Can I use 2 UHF remotes with a 722?

lgrening

Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
I'm a new Dish customer and have a large house with 3 TVs receiving the SD signal from a Vip722 HD DVR. I want to be able to leave a #2 remote by each TV to control receiver #2. I do *not* want to carry a single #2 remote with me at all times to control whichever TV I'm in front of.

I have been told this is not possible, that only one UHF remote can be used with a single Vip722 HD DVR. I just purchased a 6.3 UHF remote and am finding that this seems to be the case. This is a *major* *downgrading* of our former Directv setup where we used an IR remote extender by each TV to control a second Directv receiver.

What can we do?

I'm a new Dish customer and have a large house with 3 TVs receiving the SD signal from a Vip722 HD DVR. I want to be able to leave a #2 remote by each TV to control receiver #2. I do *not* want to carry a single #2 remote with me at all times to control whichever TV I'm in front of.

I have been told this is not possible, that only one UHF remote can be used with a single Vip722 HD DVR. I just purchased a 6.3 UHF remote and am finding that this seems to be the case. This is a *major* *downgrading* of our former Directv setup where we used an IR remote extender by each TV to control a second Directv receiver.

What can we do?

Yes, you can. The problem is likely your new 6.3 remote isn't matched-up to the same remote address as your other TV2 remote.

If you still have your user guide, find the section about setting the remote addresses. You just need to get both the TV2 remotes on the same address.

rich22, to the extent I understand "setting the remote addresses" I have done this. Both TV2 remotes are set to 2. Whichever remote I then use first works, controls TV2, but after that the other remote does nothing. I need to go back through the process again very carefully...

To set the remote to remote address 2
Hold the SAT button down until all mode lights light, release and SAT will blink
Press 2
Press #

Yup, that's what I did, with both remotes, but I really need to go back through it all verrry carefully. Since y'all say it should work I'll approach it with a more positive frame of mind this time. :)

Make sure you have the BLUE tab for UHF control.
You need to press Record only if you are changing the address of the Set-Top Box--avoid #1.
You can verify the STB address by pressing menu-menu.
You want the lower address next to the blue 2 UHF Pro Band A.
There is a band B but it is not likely set, if it is then it is another problem.
The address next to the green 1 IR is for your same-room infra-red remote.
If you had pressed record with this up then the number should change (if different) to the new one.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts