Can I use a Dish Dual tuner DVR(522 I think) on 3 TVs?

jericko

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
I have am going to put my new Dual Tuner DVR in the basement when it get installed on Sat. Using a splitter and a diapler, can I feed the 2nd tuner to 2 other TVs?

Yes. you can just use a splitter from TV2 out on the back. i dont know about needing the diplexor unless you plan on backfeeding it back through your sat cable.

I multiplex both of my 522s to 2 different channels (15 and 17) and then send that signal throughout the house. You could easily do the same.

I tried using them to each generate 2 channels, but this mode lets us watch all the variety we normally need. :)

Brad

andrews777 said:
I multiplex both of my 522s to 2 different channels (15 and 17) and then send that signal throughout the house. You could easily do the same.

I tried using them to each generate 2 channels, but this mode lets us watch all the variety we normally need. :)

Brad

Thats what I want to do! What do I need to be able to accomplis this? Just regular splitters?

You have to have a multiplexer. I first used the TriplePlay one (I forget the maker), but I replaced it with a ChannelPlus one I got on Ebay when it died several years later. You can use the output of the 522, but I found a dedicated multiplexer with their component signal works better. I use a combinations of splitters and joiners (splitters hooked "backward") to accomplish this.

Antenna in attic is mixed in with output of the multiplexer. This is then split to go throughout the house. I have a signal booster hooked in for the runs that go farther from the unit.

I may run everything to a common point in the future, but for now this mass of wires is all in the "entertainment center" area of my living room. :)

Brad