can i use any port in the dp34 switch ?

happymister

Original poster
May 19, 2004
Hi,

Dish folks had come to install my dish 2 days back.
but i wanted to change some wiring around and move my TV to
another room.

Since i have taken only 2 receivers (811 and 311),
and there are 4 receivers support in the switch,
i didn't disconnect the original rg6 cable that went from the switch to my
original location of 311.. I just added a new rg6 cable to the 3rd unused port in the switch and connected it to the same 311 reciever which is now moved to another bedroom. but the 311 says it is not picking up the satellite
transponders.

am i doing anything wrong?

Yes, you can use ANY port on the DishPro SW34.

You installed the 3rd line? Double check your f-connectors, keep in mind that NONE of the silver braid may be in contact with the copper center conductor, also make sure you have the line from the SW34 plugged into the "Satellite Input" on the back of the receiver and not the "Antenna/Cable" input.

...v

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the DP34 require a powered receiver to always be connected to port #1 or it won't work?

ViROID: "DishPro" and "SW34" don't go together. SW34 is for Legacy installations.

Kevin: You're probably (almost certainly) right - he should check that!

dish pro34

I just checked my switch and it says "dishpro34" and it is connected to the dish 500. Does that mean that I have the switch that they are talking about? Please excuse the simpleness of this question I'm new but I intend to come up to speed very quickly so as to be able to help people rather than be helped all the time. :D

Simon.. there is no legacy 34... it's all dishpro

DP21, DP34 - Dishpro
SW21, SW42, SW44, SW64 - Legacy

I've also seen a rare SW24 once.

bcshields said:
Simon.. there is no legacy 34... it's all dishpro

DP21, DP34 - Dishpro
SW21, SW42, SW44, SW64 - Legacy

I've also seen a rare SW24 once.
You're right of course - I meant to type something like "SWxx". :)

I have a quick question for everyone. Does anyone have installation instruction for a DP34 or know of a link to where I could find the info. I just bought a used DP34 off Ebay, with no instructions. I know I could install it with out them, but I would rather just have them. Thanks................

help for the dishpro 34

Hi NHDishOwner, here is what I could find on the web about the dishpro 34 check out this link it is a pdf file walking you thru the installation of the switch. http://www.cvssystems.com/techservice/dishpro/DishPro_3_SatKit_115515 Here is also a pic to kind of help you visualize the dishpro 34. I hope this helps some. Bob

Attachments

• dishpro 34.jpg
    dishpro 34.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 342
Dp34 switch

Thanks for the PDF file. But it still did not answer my question. Maybe everyone here would know.

1. Why on the DP34 it says "mount this end UP" on the top of the unit ?

2. Can the DP 34 be mounted horizontally, like under a floor ? And if it was mounted horizontally what affect would it have on the DP34 unit or the reception.

Thanks.............John

The reason for mounting "this end up" is so that water cannot run 'down' into a connector. The switches will work at any angle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)