Can I use my DVR without the dish plugged in?

SteveAnselmino

Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I have a 722 box, and have a ton of movies recorded, and was wondering if there is a trick (or if it can be done at all) to viewing my recorded programs (on the hard drive of my DVR) without being plugged in to the satellte dish (like if I want to take it over to my girlfriend's house to watch one of my recorded movies or something)?

Absolutely you can. I moved (for real) last year, and prior to doing so I recorded a bunch of programs in anticipation of having to wait for my Dish installation in my new place. It works fine--you just watch recorded programs normally;

It will go into a satellite search mode but just hit the Menu button and go to your dvr listing and you will be in business. I've hauled my dvrs around for a few years now.

While you're waiting for more responses, why not try it ?

I couldn't because I was at work!

Plus, I know when it can't find any satellites, it puts up that screen that says "Acquiring satellite signal." How do you get past that message (I'm back at home now, and I've unplugged the cable to it), because I can't seem to do anything to get past it!

Plus, I know when it can't find any satellites, it puts up that screen that says "Acquiring satellite signal."
Yeah, that usually confuses people. I didn't know the "DVR" button got around. I do know the "MENU" button does though and once you're in there, you can get to the recorded programs, guide (for OTA), and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)