Can i watch records from 622 completely disconnected?

Just to be sure, can any else confirm? There will not be any satellite connection going to this box. I want to make sure I can finish the programming on it after it is disconnected. Will I also eb able to access to EHD?

Just to be sure, can any else confirm? There will not be any satellite connection going to this box. I want to make sure I can finish the programming on it after it is disconnected. Will I also eb able to access to EHD?

Darren,

When I was having some trouble with my 622 and had it disconnected from the sat, when I tried to access the EHD I got an error about the feature not being enabled. My problem was releated to constant reboots of the 622 so the results may be less than accurate.

I have watched recorded shows on my DVR when not connected to a satellite (moved box to room that didn't have coax to test projector). I'm pretty sure it is as KAB indicates. W/out the satellite signal, the 'warning' signal is present, but pressing the DVR button brings up the menu for recorded shows.

You could disconnect the satellite coax and try both recorded shows and accessing the external drive. If you intend to unsubscribe from Dish and it is a leased box, they will want it back before too long.

Miner

I have done this on both my 622 and 722 a number of times. I have also, now and then, been unable to access the recording selected (just goes to seeking the signal). When this happens, I just reboot (actually just pull the plug) and then it works. For whatever reason this happened much more often on the 722.

TomP

I watched all my recordings off my old disconnected 522 (I know, it is not a 622) when I upgraded to a 722. No problem. It will of course appear to be hung up on the "acquiring satellite" screen, but you can get to the menu to bring up your recordings anyway. IIRC, I used the "menu" button and then picked my recordings from there, but DVR+DVR should work as well, as others have mentioned.

As jwfgeol said, just unhook your 622 NOW, and see if you can access the recordings as a test. This will give you more confirmation than any number of posts here ever could. Nothing beats personal experience.

Yup, it works. 70 mph winds dropped my dish, turned on the box pushed DVR button twice and got to see all of my recorded shows. Sometimes I would choose a recording and the screen would go black. It seems that the fix would be just reboot and you should have no problem.:up

I would try it but I'm not at home and wont be home until Monday. That is when my D install is. I just need enough tiem to watch some of the stuff I have on there.
What?? You said a couple of days ago you were waiting til June 1. Impatience must have gotten the better of you!

What?? You said a couple of days ago you were waiting til June 1. Impatience must have gotten the better of you!

Now or never! I miss the yankees :) Like I said, Im willing to go with the pay more and get what you want philosophy difference. E* will always be behind becasue their goal is to keep prices low. I rather pay more and get what I want. I REALLY will miss the hardware tho.

I'll also verify that you can watch your recordings without a dish....

We take our 622 when we go camping with the RV. I don't even take a portable dish anymore because we prefer to park in shady campgrounds.

We DO record extra shows for a few weeks before a trip.

Phil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)