Can login mydish.com, but My Programming gives error, back to login page

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brookeK

Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
SJ, CA
Is it just me? Can't access "My Programming" on mydish.com website.
Gave site feedback, they just reply with form-letter saying try later and the 800 number to call.

I login to mydish.com and see default initial page (My Billing).
If click My Programming, goes thru many redirects, one of them an error page, ending on another login page.

If click login/logout, it confirms logout (thus confirming that it "knows" I was already logged in).
If do what the page says and re-login, same thing all over again.
That inescapable login page is something like identity1.dishnetwork.com/BLAH.

Have tried Mac, Linux, iOS; Safari, Firefox, Chrome. (Don't have access to Windows).
Clear cache, clear cookies. Allow 3rd party cookies. Multiple userAgents in Safari.
Doesn't matter if I use My-Account "pull down menu" or site map, same thing.

Once while exploring same for My-Equipment (which also does not work), after dutifully getting login page, and re-login, I was presented with My-Equipment, as though the default, initial page changed from My-Billing. Likewise for Order Pay per View. But have never seen that unreliable "trick" work to get to My Programming.

Might have a chance, if I knew the direct URL for My Programming, by passing the mountain of redirects that seem to fail somewhere. For example My Billing is:
https://my.dish.com/customercare/mybilling/populateBillingDetails.do
My equipment is:
https://my.dish.com/customercare/equipment/showMyEquipmentDetails.do
Order pay-per-view is:
https://my.dish.com/customercare/payperview/getPPVMovieList.do

I just tried my account and was able to login directly to the My Programming page, and also logged into the default page and switch to the My Programming page okay. Maybe it was a temporary problem.

Not that it helps any, here's one of the intermediate pages:
my.dish.com/customercare/prepLogon.do?errorPage=true

My Programming: HBO&SHO, DishAmerica, (DVR service, Protection Plan).

I am having same problem as OP. Tried same things as him; clear cache, different browser, etc. No luck. Been going on for several weeks now. Sent e-mail to Dish tech support yesterday; awaiting reply.

I have been having the same problems while using Mac OS and Firefox. I sent a message to tech support several weeks ago and never heard a response. I just checked and am still having the same problem accessing My Programming. Perhaps this is something DIRT could look into.

I reported this to DISH over a year ago. Spoke with various levels of customer service and tech support. The issue was never remedied.

I pay for 2 separate accounts - my parents in NY and mine here in Hawaii. I CAN access "My Programming" for my parents account. However, "My Programming" is always greyed out for my own account.

All other links work.

Like everyone else, I've tried different computers, browsers and operating systems. The last thing I was told was that after looking into the issue, I cannot access that link because I live in Hawaii.

I've learned to live with it and just make any programming changes via a phone call. The hassle is I need to go over the entire story again and again when I'm told I can make changes via the website.

Negative to positive... I use the conversation as an opportunity to ask for any discounts.

I have had issues on the Programming tab on mydish for 4 weeks or so--I can navigate all other options on site--such as equipment, profile etc. and it takes me to where I should--but as soon as I click on programming I get kicked and logged out back to a log in page. I have been in communication with Mary of the DIRT team and also talked to an advanced tech at dish and the tech told me that this is a known issue with some accounts and they are working on a fix. Apparently enough customers have the issue for dish to try to get a fix.
The tech told me it's the either or both, in some cases, of the programming or offers link that get clicked on and then get the customer gets booted out.
I have Firefox, Chrome and IE10 and it does the same on all 3 browsers.
I can log-in to my account with no problem and look around but as soon as I click on Programming I get knocked out.
Rather frustrating.
Hopefully dish comes up with a fix soon.
I have Windows 7 Home premium

I have the exact same problem here. Every time I try to see My Programming it wants me to log in again. When I do, I get my bill. Grrr!

I emailed Dish and got a reply. They said that they were working on the problem and to try again later. It's been about 10 days and it still doesn't work.

Larry
SF

I've had the same issue as well. I have tried in IE, Firefox, Safari and Opera.
My laptop is Win 7, 64bit.

Also strange, when I used Dish Chat to try to add the desired programming, they couldn't find my account by phone number. I then found and provided my account number, but they said someone else would have to help me, as I was a 'bundled' customer. That wasn't true, I never transferred my account to my telecom. What is going on here? I was starting to be concerned that I wasn't really talking to dish, but instead an identity thief. I left the chat. No upgrade for me tonight, too frustrated.

Last edited:
same issue here. I contacted DIRT and he has elevated my account to an engineer to fix. Dont waste your time with chat or calling dish directly

An update: DIRT says that it's a problem with anyone who had a DTV PAL on their account at one time. Says that it being worked on

An update: DIRT says that it's a problem with anyone who had a DTV PAL on their account at one time. Says that it being worked on

Note to DIRT. I have this problem and have never had a DTV PAL on account. However, I did several years ago have a Dish Digital TV converter box on my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)