Can move EHD from 722K to 622 but not vice versa

randyj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
Dodge Center, MN
I have been using my 622 for some time with an EHD (WD Caviar Green 1.0 TB SATA internal HD with a Thermaltake BLACX dock). I just added a 722K receiver to my account. I want to move my recordings from 622 to 722K, so I archived them all to my EHD. But when I plug the EHD into the 722K, I get an error (number 866 if I remember right) saying the EHD is tied to another receiver and I'd have to reformat to use it with the 722K. Chatted with customer service who walked me through several things (rebooting, etc.). They suggested I move everything off EHD back to the 622 and then reformat from the 722K, which I have done. I then tested that I can archive something onto the EHD from the 722K and offload that to the 622, and I can then archive something from the 622 to the EHD. But when I try to bring that back to the 722K, it says I have to reformat again before I can use it. Anyone know what I can do to get my 622 programs to the 722K?

Call Tech Support, not a CSR. You may need a new "hit", tying the receiver to your account.

Call Tech Support, not a CSR. You may need a new "hit", tying the receiver to your account.

Thanks, got it working after convincing them to 're-hit' my receivers. The guy was all ready to swap out my receiver for a new one. Seems like they would be smart enough to know to try a re=hit first. Sigh.

I had the same problem when I got my 722k installed. After really trying not to reach through the phone to strangle the guy, I heard talking in the background and it looks like his supervisor just went over to his PC and rehit my account. Magic, it worked!

Dish Level1 is only trained to read from scripts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)