move EHD from 622 to 211?

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
I currently have a 320GB EHD attached to my 622. I'm running out of space. I'll be getting a 211 soon. I know I'll need to pay the $40 for the 211. Once the DVR functions are enabled on the 211, can I move the EHD I have on the 622 to the 211 (with all the recordings intact)?

Since I'll be getting a bigger EHD, can I move the recordings I have on the current one to the new one?

No. Two different software platforms. Another reason I said you might (aside from DVR fee) regret not keeping the 622.

I don't belive the formattings the same between the 211 and 622.

I.E. I don't think you can move it with the recordings intact :(.

You can move the recordings from the current EHD back to the 622, and then from the 622 to the bigger drive (dedicated to the 622 and any other [67]22's on the account).

No. Two different software platforms. Another reason I said you might (aside from DVR fee) regret not keeping the 622.

I really didn't want to pay the fee if I didn't need to. I just wanted the option of converting the receiver into a dvr if needed. Dish said that they will swap out the 222 with the 211 for me (no cost). I don't really need the second tuner.

You can move the recordings from the current EHD back to the 622, and then from the 622 to the bigger drive (dedicated to the 622 and any other [67]22's on the account).

That might take a while, but if there aren't any other options...

The first thing that happens when a hard drive is attached to the 211, is that you are asked to format and then the 211 will reboot to enable the dvr function.

The first thing that happens when a hard drive is attached to the 211, is that you are asked to format and then the 211 will reboot to enable the dvr function.
Pay attention (or read). This discussion has nothing to with formatting.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts