VIP 622 Installation questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

THE5RIVERS

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
California
Hey guys. New to the forum but been a lurker for years. Just recently upgraded to the vip622, and have an install scheduled for next week. I have two vip211's in my house, and am replacing one of them, and will only be using the vip622 on single mode.

I had asked Dish CS if they could ship me the dvr so that I could hook it up myself, but they insisted that it required professional installation. So my question was what exactly is involved in a vip622 install. I thought it was a simple switch. Please provide any information!

I currently have a DPP44 switch, and subscribe to classic 200 plus hd, intl programming, and locals.

Thanks in advance for any responses! Take care!!

I had asked Dish CS if they could ship me the dvr so that I could hook it up myself, but they insisted that it required professional installation. So my question was what exactly is involved in a vip622 install. I thought it was a simple switch. Please provide any information!

I currently have a DPP44 switch, and subscribe to classic 200 plus hd, intl programming, and locals.

Thanks in advance for any responses! Take care!!
It is.:eek:

Actually, you may be happy about the install. Most installers have not had 622's on hand for over a year, substituting with NEW 722s or 722Ks, and NOT effecting whatever you paid (if anything) for the 622. If they send one, you are guaranteed a refurbed 622.

Actually, you may be happy about the install. Most installers have not had 622's on hand for over a year, substituting with NEW 722s or 722Ks, and NOT effecting whatever you paid (if anything) for the 622. If they send one, you are guaranteed a refurbed 622.

oh REALLY. I did not know this. Well, I will cross my fingers and hope for the best! Thanks for this bit of info I appreciate it!

oh REALLY. I did not know this. Well, I will cross my fingers and hope for the best! Thanks for this bit of info I appreciate it!
Yeh, the second 622 I ordered (Nov. '07), I got a 722. When my first 622 died (July '08), they sent out a Tech, and guess what??? Hopin' for luck for ya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts