Help! Dish DVR 625 Problems

rdbcatcher

Original poster
May 10, 2009
California
Sorry to bother everyone here, but I've got issues here I can't find help with. I own a Dish Network DVR625 dual-tuner receiver and I'm going nuts. This is the fourth time in two weeks and now into a third re-manufactured receiver. For whatever reason, I noticed the caller ID not working again. I checked through the menu setup to be sure I selected yes for CALLER ID (which it was, yes). My next step was to go through menu, select option #6 (System Setup) and then option #3 (Diagnostics) and then checked connection. Every time I select connection, it says "A problem with your modem has been detected. To ensure continued access to PPV and other receiver applications call 1-800-333-DISH(3474)." Now I also know that that means they'll charge me a second receiver fee if they don't detect a phone line connected to my receiver. I've checked the phone line by hooking it up to an independent phone and gotten a dial tone, plus was able to call out, so I know it's not the phone line/jack. The whole setup was inspected and certified/verified by their own DISH Network Installer (so the install and parts are good)I've done multiple hard resets (turned off then unplugged for 10 minutes and plugged back in) and soft resets (held power button down for 10 seconds until it turned off then back on again). Each time it does okay for a short time (about 1-2hours), but then it happens again. I've checked the power circuit and it's fine, plus my whole house is surge-protected at the panel, so short circuits or surges are not a possibility. There is good spacing around the unit for cooling, but could this be a "Heat issue" ? This is the third receiver :rant: I've had this issue with. The advanced tech's I've talked to have told me it's a known issue :(, and the only solution is to replace the receiver :rant: !!! If this is true, I'd agree, but the issue is I own this and it's the third one in less than a month to go bad. If DISH replaces another, they've told me I gotta lease it
icon13.gif
and all my purchase funds go out the window forever :eek:. Please help, what should I do? Are there any work arounds or am I doomed to do continuous hard resets to avoid the fee? If I call DISH up again, I"m about ready to go Postal and make some problems!!! HELP! HELP! HELP!

have your phone company out! make sure your line is grounded because the rcvr wont dial over static.. then the more common dsl filters etc

Good Idea!

Contacted phone company, they checked out the phone line and replaced the DSL filter I had inline. The ground was good, but the issue still persists:rant:! The good side, is the duration between having to reset the unit has extended to now every 7-10 days :rolleyes:. I guess I should think about using their home warranty program. At worse, it'll cost me $5.99 a month to get it replaced and maybe a pro-rated month to make it look good :cool:. Sorry the suggestion didn't pan out like expected. Maybe it's an issue of software glitches or maybe a noise conflict. I'll keep trying and I hope someone comes up with a complete solution or at least a logical explanation for this problem.

I'm having the same issue that you described in your June 15th post with my 522. Dish is going to ship me a third re-manufactured receiver, but I doubt that will solve the problem. Thanks for any suggestions that you (or anyone else) can provide and sorry to bring back such an old thread.

I have the same problem. The only change is that I am now a FiOS subscriber and I am using FiOS for my analog phone line. I think the DiSH 625 DVR is not compatible with FiOS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)