VIP 622 Installation questions

THE5RIVERS

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
California
Hey guys. New to the forum but been a lurker for years. Just recently upgraded to the vip622, and have an install scheduled for next week. I have two vip211's in my house, and am replacing one of them, and will only be using the vip622 on single mode.

I had asked Dish CS if they could ship me the dvr so that I could hook it up myself, but they insisted that it required professional installation. So my question was what exactly is involved in a vip622 install. I thought it was a simple switch. Please provide any information!

I currently have a DPP44 switch, and subscribe to classic 200 plus hd, intl programming, and locals.

Thanks in advance for any responses! Take care!!

I had asked Dish CS if they could ship me the dvr so that I could hook it up myself, but they insisted that it required professional installation. So my question was what exactly is involved in a vip622 install. I thought it was a simple switch. Please provide any information!

I currently have a DPP44 switch, and subscribe to classic 200 plus hd, intl programming, and locals.

Thanks in advance for any responses! Take care!!
It is.:eek:

Actually, you may be happy about the install. Most installers have not had 622's on hand for over a year, substituting with NEW 722s or 722Ks, and NOT effecting whatever you paid (if anything) for the 622. If they send one, you are guaranteed a refurbed 622.

Actually, you may be happy about the install. Most installers have not had 622's on hand for over a year, substituting with NEW 722s or 722Ks, and NOT effecting whatever you paid (if anything) for the 622. If they send one, you are guaranteed a refurbed 622.

oh REALLY. I did not know this. Well, I will cross my fingers and hope for the best! Thanks for this bit of info I appreciate it!

oh REALLY. I did not know this. Well, I will cross my fingers and hope for the best! Thanks for this bit of info I appreciate it!
Yeh, the second 622 I ordered (Nov. '07), I got a 722. When my first 622 died (July '08), they sent out a Tech, and guess what??? Hopin' for luck for ya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)