VIP 922 coming my way...

jnixson3

Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
Johnston IA
FYI... Supposedly I will be receiving a 922 today. Bought off of ebay (from a local source, none the less). According to the seller, they had a chance to get a unit from the CES show and did so. Once I get it, I will go over what is all included.

Any questions for me, just shout. I am not too technically inclined, but love being an early adopter of new technology.

It will be interesting to see how this works and how I will incorporate it into my current set up (which is a VIP 722 - main tv and 1 bedroom, and VIP 222 - family room and 2nd bedroom). Hopefully activation process will be smooth as well.

Biggest hurdle I think will be my wife and her reluctance to learning the new interface and remote.

Cue the drum roll.... :)

If the OP does get the unit, I bet that Dish will frown on the "dealer" for selling it, if he does get the unit and it is genuine.

I hope that he paid with PayPal, and can get some of his money back because I think that he was swindled.
I could see a dealer or a beta tester having a 922, but other than that I would have never bid on the "auction."

I hope that he paid with PayPal, and can get some of his money back because I think that he was swindled.
I could see a dealer or a beta tester having a 922, but other than that I would have never bid on the "auction."

Yeah, whatever... hope paid with a credit card. Paypal's protection is a joke!

I hope we are wrong, but I agree with a few above. It looks like a scam to me.

Good luck anyway

I would be frightened of that deal as well. But it could well be a dealer with a beta unit completely ignoring Dish's restrictions.

Do the beta 922's come pre-activated, or do you have to call them in? If they're pre-activated, or the seller already called it in, then the OP may be getting to watch some free TV until the beta is over. ;)

I think the "Questions from other members" at the bottom of the auction says a lot:

Q: This model doesn't seem to be released yet. How did you get it? Can I get it authorized by Dish Network?
A: This auction is for 1 922 unit sealed in the box. For the Dish Questions you will have to refer to them. Thanks

I would be frightened of that deal as well. But it could well be a dealer with a beta unit completely ignoring Dish's restrictions.

Indeed Dealers could be removed from being a dealer as they are in violation of their contract with Dish in selling a beta not for public product.

Do the beta 922's come pre-activated, or do you have to call them in? If they're pre-activated, or the seller already called it in, then the OP may be getting to watch some free TV until the beta is over. ;)
No they don't come activated, I was able to activate mine on my home account however I was told that notes were put on my account which helped getting the unit authorized when I called in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts