VIP 922 coming my way...

Good luck getting it activated. :)

Make sure to report your findings in our 922 beta testers forum. :)

Good luck getting any assistance with it at all last time I asked dish (5 days ago) I was told they dont have the information for it yet. Which means they can't troubleshoot it if you have a problem.

You know he's having one of the worst days of his life after all this.;);)

I feel bad for the op. i would've never bought an item from a seller with 0 feedback and no returns accepted. bad combo imo! and as most already mentioned an item that is in beta testing and not available for just any consumer makes it 3 big no no's . if you are going to depend on the protection of PayPal you're pretty screwed since i've had a mix of experiences with them. not your pal that's for sure ;):D

I'm thinking the OP should wave goodbye to his $256+S&H. :wave :(

The seller joined July 30th and listed a bunch of cell-phones and accessories. Some of those items have sold, so we'll know soon enough whether or not this was a scam. The seller also has a 622 receiver and 1000 dish up for sale too. This is a common eBay scammer MO -- list a bunch of cheap items then list one or two high-dollar items. The cheap items are probably real and will have smooth transactions then buyers are scammed on the high-dollar items.

I've been an eBayer since 1998 and I rarely buy from eBay now. I stopped selling when they changed their policies and became more hostile towards sellers.

FYI... Supposedly I will be receiving a 922 today. Bought off of ebay (from a local source, none the less). According to the seller, they had a chance to get a unit from the CES show and did so. Once I get it, I will go over what is all included.

Any questions for me, just shout. I am not too technically inclined, but love being an early adopter of new technology.

It will be interesting to see how this works and how I will incorporate it into my current set up (which is a VIP 722 - main tv and 1 bedroom, and VIP 222 - family room and 2nd bedroom). Hopefully activation process will be smooth as well.

Biggest hurdle I think will be my wife and her reluctance to learning the new interface and remote.

Cue the drum roll.... :)

How much was paid for this unit?? I think someone said 250??

If he loses 250, well its bad but it could be allot worse.

500 to 1000 would be horendous.

That said, I still would not have gambled on this unit. First time sellers can be very dangerous.

I would wait for news from the OP- give him a week for update; you guys making up too fast ! :D

Thank you for the sanity shown by Smith, P.

Reporting back. Set is in my hands and all looks valid. Unit, accessories, manual, and update software hardware features (as of 6/3/09). All packed like from the factory. I may not be able to get it out until Friday, and will let you know what happens.

I called Dish CS and asked her if any problems activating this unit. She said no. Could do it with her or online. Asked for additional info on the set, she said it looked like a mid September release. Price would be $425.

The Software and Hardware Update document that came with it is an interesting read. Shows updates, changes. Also highlights features that are not yet available. But looks like they will with future software upgrades. it is a 7 page document.

All is good right now... will let you know what happens when I fire it up.

Another coincidence? Bother seller and buyer are from IA!

Sounds like a bunch of Bravo Sierra.

I certainly appreciate the warm thoughts... is this how every new poster is treated?

One one hand this is quite humorous, good drama reading these comments.

On the other, quite sad how so quickly the worst is thought.

All I was trying to do was bring new information to this forum to help others. Information I could not find on the internet and thought would be of interest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts