Can not get ViP612

maxmoto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
NW Ohio
I just called Dish and they told me I could not get a ViP612 as an upgrade. He even said that it is not avalible to new subs. Even though I wanted to get it added. Also I was told that I would need an additional 18 month contract to get a 211. WTF! Two different 18 month contracts? :confused:

Is there pricing in place for these? I haven't seen anything about it. I may look into getting one but its a pain in the ass because I bundle my Dish via my DSL provider.

You would only have 1 eighteen month contract as the old contract is voided and the new one takes its place. Patience is a virtue it seems a lot of posters on here could use a good dose.:rolleyes:

You would only have 1 eighteen month contract as the old contract is voided and the new one takes its place. Patience is a virtue it seems a lot of posters on here could use a good dose.:rolleyes:

Not according to the CSR. I would not change my current commitment, but add another one.

There are good csrs & bad csrs just like in any business some know what they are talking about and some do not and obviously the one you spoke to is one of the latter not the former. I assure you when you do a DIU and add equipment or do anything that you are required to sign a new agreement the term of the old agreement is voided and your entire account falls under the terms of the new agreement. Believe what you will but that is the way it works as I have worked for a dish network retailer for 4 years and experience these issues on a daily basis.:hatsoff:

I just called Dish and they told me I could not get a ViP612 as an upgrade. He even said that it is not avalible to new subs. Even though I wanted to get it added. Also I was told that I would need an additional 18 month contract to get a 211. WTF! Two different 18 month contracts? :confused:

The 18 month agreements are concurrent, not consecutive. If you're in an 18 month, and you have 16 months left, the new 18 month doesn't bring you to 34 months, it's just 18 from that date.

The 18 month agreements are concurrent, not consecutive. If you're in an 18 month, and you have 16 months left, the new 18 month doesn't bring you to 34 months, it's just 18 from that date.

That is what I was told. I chatted with them today and they told me yet another story. So I will call or chat again day after day until I can get enough info to make out what is really going on.

But as of the past Friday, aren't they now on a 24th month agreement and not on an 18 month?

You are not required to have a 722 in order to obtain a 612 but a 612 can not be installed as a primary receiver and probably can not take the place of your current primary receiver(just guessing about the replacement as I will find out Monday). I assure you that you are not required to have a 722 in order to add a 612 but you can not have a 612 as a primary receiver it must be a secondary receiver and yes the contract has been extended to 24 months instead of 18 months.

You are not required to have a 722 in order to obtain a 612 but a 612 can not be installed as a primary receiver and probably can not take the place of your current primary receiver(just guessing about the replacement as I will find out Monday). I assure you that you are not required to have a 722 in order to add a 612 but you can not have a 612 as a primary receiver it must be a secondary receiver and yes the contract has been extended to 24 months instead of 18 months.

If you say so... But I wouldn't be assuring people of install terms until you have an answer (as you will find out Monday...) Let me know how it goes though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)