can only receive sat 101.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

intwoit

Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
I have an HR-20 and a slimline oval dish and switch. Today I just found I cannot shange sats from the setup screens. When I press + or - nothing changes.

Might it be the switch or am I just crazy.

Thanks,
Al

Why do you have a switch if your only running the HR20?

You need to be more clear on your setup.

Like slimline 3 or 5?
the Switch model Number?
If your B-Band converters are in place.
Is your receiver setup on the correct satellite setup option?

more information about problem

I will try to clarify what I have and why and what exactly the issue is.

First this system has been working for about 6 months, and has just developed a problem.

I have 3 receivers which is the reason I have the switch.

The switch is a [FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Zinwell WB68

2 HR20 receivers

The problem is that I have lost HD and can only receive from sat 101. This just happened and had been working correctly.

Thanks again.
Al
[/FONT]

Why are you trying to change sats ?

IF the setting is on the correct one for your set up and your not getting any signal on the other sats, it's NOT the recvr.

Did you do what JD mentioned and remove the MS and check individual recvrs ?

Check each recvr that way first.

What dish is this ?
You mentioned Slimline oval, is this the Slimline 3 lnb or the slimline 5 lnb (this is NOT a SWM slimline, correct.) ?

What happened when you swapped out the BBC's, without the BBC's you'll not get the 99 or 103.
However you should get the 110 and 119 IF it's the 5 LNB set up.

Why are you trying to change sats ?

IF the setting is on the correct one for your set up and your not getting any signal on the other sats, it's NOT the recvr.

Did you do what JD mentioned and remove the MS and check individual recvrs ?

Check each recvr that way first.

What dish is this ?
You mentioned Slimline oval, is this the Slimline 3 lnb or the slimline 5 lnb (this is NOT a SWM slimline, correct.) ?

What happened when you swapped out the BBC's, without the BBC's you'll not get the 99 or 103.
However you should get the 110 and 119 IF it's the 5 LNB set up.

He's probaly trying to check signal strengths; not change sats. And all he can check is the 101. Is this correct?

Before you start swapping BBC's and disconnecting MS.

Go to Menu-Setup-system setup- Info Scroll down to Dish Type.
What does it say?

He's probaly trying to check signal strengths; not change sats. And all he can check is the 101. Is this correct?

Before you start swapping BBC's and disconnecting MS.

Go to Menu-Setup-system setup- Info Scroll down to Dish Type.
What does it say?

Actually it depends on which old dish he's got, the original ones only saw the 101, but the next generation got the 101, 110 and 119.

Thank you for all the input. The dish is NOT A SWM, I just purchased it 6 months ago, slimline 5 oval with 3 lnbs.

I checked the receivers on another dish and worked fine could select all sats. I also removed the Multiswitch and still same problem.

This system had been working fine and just failed.

Is it possible that some kind of spike, lightning, etc. could have caused the LNB to fail?

The setup configuration is set correctly.

Thanks.

Thank you for all the input. The dish is NOT A SWM, I just purchased it 6 months ago, slimline 5 oval with 3 lnbs.

I checked the receivers on another dish and worked fine could select all sats. I also removed the Multiswitch and still same problem.

Is it possible that some kind of spike, lightning, etc. could have caused the LNB to fail?

Thanks.

Weather is always a possibility.

What type of dish did you check it on ?
How good of a friend is this, can you put your LNB on his set up and try it ?

Thanks.
If there was an LNB failure this would not prevent you seeing the other satellite screens, the signals would just be zero. Probably the only thing that can prevent you seeing the signal strength screens for the other satellites is that you have the wrong dish type set up in satellite setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

why am I blacked out on ESPN alternate?

MRV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)