Can Someone Answer This? (distant Network ?)

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
First, I Have A Dish 1000, 110/119/129 -- I Am Currently Receive Abc From Atlanta, New York, Denver, Chicago, And La.....(even Though They Won't Let You Get But 2, I Know A Way Around It Til The Audit People Catches It I Guess...) But Will I Still Receive Atlanta Even Though They Don't Offer It Anymore As A Distant Network?

How Can You Get Waivers Approved? (i Got Denied On Some And Kept Trying And Then Was Approved)--is Their Any Tricks? (upstate Sc Here, Grade A Area And Still Got Abc Approved No Problems, But Other 3 Has Denied Some Already)

Is Hd Programming On Dish Worth The $399 Upgrade Price?

Thanks You All For The Help!

Regarding ATL, it's difficult to say what they'll do. Once a distant is waived, and added to your account, it's usually not taken away, but if they remove ATL as a distant local system-wide, you may lose it.

Other than getting an RV waiver, or "moving" to another address, the only way to get waivers approved is keep applying. Some get them, some don't. If you don't already know this, you can apply in seconds on your Dish Account Pages.

The HD upgrade fee is not $399. It is $49. or $299. if you want HD DVR.
If you don't already know, if you upgrade to HD, Dish does not permit digital locals (HD) as distants.

If your locals are not up yet, (I'm not certain where "upstate Sc" is) you would have to get your local digitals (HD) using an off-air antenna, which the Dish HD receivers are compatible with.
Whether the HD upgrade is "worth it" depends much on the type of content you prefer to watch, and the comparable products available in your area, be it by Directv, Cable, or others.

What Is An Rv Permit...? Even Though I Don't Own An Rv Could I Get A Permit Thru Dish??? Would This Allow Me To Get Distant Networks Or How Would That Work? Thanks For Your Help!!

jself1982 said:
What Is An Rv Permit...? Even Though I Don't Own An Rv Could I Get A Permit Thru Dish??? Would This Allow Me To Get Distant Networks Or How Would That Work? Thanks For Your Help!!

All you would have to do is forge resgistration papers for the RV and title then send it to Dish to get the RV waiver, but since you said that you have found "a way around" the distant rules, then I guess doing this wouldn't be much of a problem for ya!

But Will I Still Receive Atlanta Even Though They Don't Offer It Anymore As A Distant Network?
depends on your location. Atlanta is going to spotbeam soon so if you are within the spotbeam (Georgia area) you'll be fine. If you're in the middle of Arizona, then no

Atlanta is scheduled to move tomorrow night, per Scott's list.

Weren't the Atlanta DNS subscribers going to be moved to New York? Has this already happened?

You appear to be aligned up pretty good with the satellite, Atlanta and Greenville. I wouldn't be surprised if the spot beam gets to you.
Time will tell.